This gives DirecTV a prime opportunity to say, "Hey, we're in friggin outer space!"
I'm in UVerse territory where I am connected to one of the only COs that hasn't been upgraded.
It makes me wonder if AT&T will ever upgrade the last mile to fiber, or if they think that wireless will...
As I stated earlier. A trade show is useless. MS was working on this in the mid-90s in their research labs. Concept-creation date is what goes on the patent. Not "the first time they showed it to the public."
Replay TV and Tivo both have incorporation dates after the MS R&D labs started...
Few things... Replay TV was actually first to the market. They beat TiVo, but since Replay is gone, no one really talks to them any more. The *first* Microsoft DVR came out 6 months after TiVo but was in development earlier (as has been said, the foundations for media center were laid mid-90s...
Well, not sure I agree with that. Intel rebounded fine after their problems, which arguably was worse since it could lead to all sorts of floating point issues (in the grand scheme of things a "dropped call" is annoying but not critical). In general, I think consumers tend to respect firms...
Well, the counter-point to this is that they should be taken to task... This reminds me of Intel's PR problem with the Pentium math bug. Fortunately that was remedied with a speedy fix, but it caused some financial pain... And that was even with them fully owning up to the issue (if I...
That would actually be a really good test. Detuning has to be happening at least on the voice/data side -- considering that Wi-Fi is benefiting from the larger antenna. I'm also curious what frequencies AT&T is using in various areas for their voice/data. In theory the antenna behavior can be...
Uh, you guys are forgetting something significant. The unit found in the bar was contained in a "fake" iPhone 3GS wrap-around, so that people wouldn't be suspicious a prototype was in use.
If all their field-units received a similar treatment, their engineers could have never contacted the...
I'm going to post a bit of my 2009, it isn't a sob story, so I don't want pity. I ended up with a severe leukemia diagnosis requiring an unrelated marrow transplant (6 month span). My hearing is permanently trashed. I was an audiophile with audio equipment that would make most envious. All...
Not to rain on anyone's conspiracy-theory parade, but the reason foreign companies are investing is because the US dollar is in free-fall.
My house was worth the same amount of USD a month ago as it is today. However the USD is worth less today, thus a foreign national could buy my house a...
Spoken like a true market analyst. Always leave wiggle-room so no one can sue you if your predictions don't pan out. Then again, I do it too, which is why my above post was mostly lacking in any sort of seemingly decisive opinion. :D
That's not odd at all. A stock price isn't based on anything concrete, but rather the perceived value of a company. If things alter the perception, alas the stock price changes.
The problem Apple has right now is that its P/E ratio is in the mid 40s. Established companies are typically in...
Absolutely correct. Chicago is a great town, whereas the politicians in New York don't seem to care what the people of New York want... I just hope the Spire doesn't run into further funding problems. Construction isn't far enough along for them to be committed.
This is highly unlikely. We're getting to a period of time where a very significant percentage of the world's tall buildings are in Muslim countries. The people of those nations see the buildings as a status symbol, and in some regards they believe it proves their faith's superiority over...
Not at all. I just continue to disagree. You are looking at a computer from the perspective of someone who is within the field, and thus part of your opinion also includes personal experiences. I've learned it takes more than a little bit of ego to presume other people have any interest in...
I'll admit that I am in the crowd that found quite a few postings as appalling. Fortunately the majority of those seemed to burn themselves out in the earlier pages.
Everyone should expect privacy when taking their systems to a repair vendor, sending them back for RMA, etc. The argument to...