The change to 64 bit isn't about addressing additional memory. The 64 bit ARM architecture has 2x the general purpose and FP registers of the 32 bit one. That's a big deal performance wise.
GPU is also very fast:
Strongly agree with this.
IMO the best experience for general gaming is 30" 2560x1600 however for competitive gaming (esp twitch gaming/FPS) smaller is better to the point where a CRT makes sense if you are in the 1% at the top.
Further, general computing and everything else you do on a 30"...
I have a GTX580@850 core and a U3011. All games are playable at 2560x1600 and with most you can get constant 60fps on medium or high settings however if you want a constant 60fps playing multiplayer BF3 with max settings you will need to move to SLI. 7970 is ~30% faster then 580 and will...
I have my brightness set to 0 and contrast at 48 in a mostly light controlled room.
Decreasing the brightness significantly seems to be the norm as the default brightness is like looking at the sun.
Suggestion 1:
Drop the 1TB HD and use this money to buy a GTX580. Current mechanical HD prices are a complete ripoff and you already spent good money on a good size SSD. Wait 6 months until HD prices come down to where they used to be.
Suggestion 2:
If you are buying this machine primarily...
I like the option of wifi on motherboards. It's good for SFF machines where you may not want to run a wire.
I would pay a reasonable premium for a 5Ghz 2x2:2 (or better!) solution with an external antenna.
U3011 is $1050
U2711 is $700
I'm pretty sure those are the lowest prices ever offered for both models so if you are in Canada and were waiting to purchase one today would be a good time.
A single 580 can handle all titles at 2560x1600 but to max all the settings with ~60fps min in the latest releases (BF3, Skyrim) you want SLI.
Having said that, I would wait to purchase a new vid card unless it's an absolute must as the next gen cards from team Red/Green are only a few months...