• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by chrimila

  1. C

    Annoying audio issue. Possible interference with sound card.

    The noise that all of you are experiencing is radio frequencies that are being emitted from a device in your computer or from another external device. The other possibility is that your sound card is designed poorly to properly address the RF. So putting foil around your sound cards will not...
  2. C

    Active Monitors VS. Bookshelf + Receiver Combo

    I don't think Paradigm sells active speakers. I have the Titan Monitor v6 and love them. However, I bought them because of the size of my room - 450sq ft. I've had the chance to audition The Monitor 7 and they sound really good. I wish I had the money for them. I've also had a chance to audition...
  3. C

    Quick DAC question.

    Agreed! A well engineered DAC is supposed to be transparent and many DACs in consumer products mask/hide a lot of that bad recording. It's amusing to me sometimes when I hear some people think that the higher end DAC made their recordings sound worse. They don't realize that the music was...
  4. C

    Quick DAC question.

    I like my Benchmark DAC1. Many sound mastering engineers use the DAC1 because it's transparent and doesn't mask the sound. I don't want to get into the argument of which one sounds better but I'd have to say that DACs is kinda like wine. You got the wine people who can't tell the difference...
  5. C

    Buzzing noise from speakers are driving me crazy..Please help

    You might be getting RF interference from something. It could be from a new cellphone tower in your neighborhood, or you added a new electronic device in your house that's emitting signals. Have you added any new electronic products in your house recently?
  6. C

    Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Problem - NOT no power

    @PsychoPhreak Hey I have the same ProMedia 4.1 speakers too and ran into the same issue where the front right would only play music and the rest of music came out fine through the back speakers. This happened to me last year and I have yet to fully resolve the issue but I notice the problem...
  7. C

    New Hissing Noise

    Yeah it could be a number of things. Most computer components are not properly shielded to prevent hums in devices.
  8. C

    replaced the klipsch 2.1 finally :)

    @CanadaOwnsJoo Nice purchase! I considered the Atoms at one point before I moved to a bigger place. I now have a pair Titans which replaced my old Klipsch 4.1. I got my room setup with 4.1 sound and I am using 2 of the old Klipsch as the rear speakers. I am now considering the Atoms again to...
  9. C

    Looking for opinions on a home server config

    Hi bluesdoggy, After reading your initial post, I noticed that our setup is similar. I have 2 macs, 2 XP boxes, and a PS3. I ordered parts for my backup server and I am trying to figure out a way to share files/music/video with all 5 machines. Initially I was thinking of Ubuntu and setting...
  10. C

    Logitech Z-2300 + Samsung T240HD + PS3

    Since you can split your PS3's audio, I'd go direct from your PS3 to your speakers. If you go from the PS3 to your TV and then to your speakers, the TV will process the output of the sound so there will be some compromise in quality or as Thor mentioned, you will get a hissing noise.
  11. C

    New Hissing Noise

    It could also be your PSU. It could be the transformer in the PSU if it's not properly shielded.
  12. C

    Logitech Z-2300 + Samsung T240HD + PS3

    HDMI carries both the audio and video signal. With that said, from the PS3 you can plug the HDMI on either the HDMI input in the rear of the Samsung or in the HDMI input on the side. I just took a look at the Samsung T240HD and I don't see RCA output. For sound output you got the Optical and the...
  13. C

    Quick DAC question.

    Are you referring to the Benchmark DAC1? If your computer has an optical out, you could get the standard DAC1 for $995. Or if money was no object, you could go for the DAC1 HDR - $1895
  14. C

    WD7500AACS GreenPower 750GB HD issue

    sorry :-( I feel your pain.
  15. C

    WD7500AACS GreenPower 750GB HD issue

    If you are really desperate you could try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIPZtJyrVPw&feature=related
Back
Top