• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by ChowdahMan

  1. C

    Looking to upgrade my build

    I'd rather buy off newegg, no offense or anything, just more comfortable with it. I didn't realize about the dual channel problem, would i be better getting this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231030 over...
  2. C

    Looking to upgrade my build

    Thanks for your help. I think I'm just gonna get the 4850, another gig of ram, and call it a day. Last question, will I experience any compatibility issues if i get 1 gig of this ram and add it to the 2 gigs I already have? (I have 2 slots open)...
  3. C

    Looking to upgrade my build

    Only 2 slots are used. Also, if I were to go for the rebuild what do you think of these components: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.470670 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.454554
  4. C

    Looking to upgrade my build

    I have 4 slots, I believe my mobo is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131540
  5. C

    Looking to upgrade my build

    A couple of things. If i were to go up to 4 gigs of ram could I use the RAM i already have or would i have to buy 4 new gigs. Also, I could get a 5770 for about $20-$30 more then the 4850, would i see an increase in performance between that and the 4850 or would my CPU be too much of a bottleneck?
  6. C

    Looking to upgrade my build

    How much of an upgrade would i see if I added 2 more gigs of ram and a 4850?
  7. C

    Looking to upgrade my build

    In 2006 in ordered a computer from Velocity Micro. The specs are: - Asus® A8N SLI - NVIDIA® nForce 4 SLI MCP, PCI Express Motherboard with DDR - AMD® Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Processor with Dual Core Technology, socket 939 - 2048MB Mushkin PC3200 DDR400 CL2.5 - 250GB Western Digital WD2500JD...
Back
Top