A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Ah, will this do? I've checked the PSU calculator (http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp) and that the recommended power barely reaches 500W (like 490 something W). I've shown you the specs, do you think this will work? Don't want my shit to be fried when I order them home. Thanks.
My bad, I was busy taking it out and looking at it.
I have this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNEX-500W-POWER-SUPPLY-DX-PS500W-/120971786789?pt=PCA_UPS&hash=item1c2a7afa25
It's a Dynex Model DX-PS500W
Here's what it says on the PSU when I looked at it:
Fan Controlled ATX12V Power Supply
AC...
So the safest route is to get a new PSU? My original plan was to upgrade my processor. As I dig deeper into what I need to get this i5 running, I need new RAM, mobo, and PSU. I don't know what do I possibly need more.
I'm upgrading my computer with new CPU, RAM, and GPU. I have 500W right now. If the new hardware's power requirements surpass 500W (which it probably won't, I looked it up), will it in any way damage my hardware permanently?