• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Chill_00

  1. C

    LCD monitor + Strategy games?

    Oh, believe me, I am quite familiar with WSGF. I've done just about everything but hack the exe.
  2. C

    LCD monitor + Strategy games?

    Just a word of advice, as I don't know what RTS games you play, but watch out for older games that may not scale well to WS. I've noticed many RTS's use a 2D overlay for their GUI's, which do not scale well, and may make the game unplayable. I hate it that I cannot play Rome:TW, because the...
  3. C

    Dead pixels

    Well, I may be cynical, but I don't trust this. IMO, this deal is too good to be true. I've never owned the 2405FPW, but I've read enough about them to know there's tons of backlight bleeding issues (not too sure about the dead pixels). For this place to be selling "perfect" 2405FPW's for less...
  4. C

    Dead pixels

    Wait...what!? You mean, you want some 3rd party to check the displays you are going to buy from some other party, before you even purchase the display? Or, do you want someone to check for backlight bleeding/dead pixels after you purchase a display? Either way, its a pretty silly thought. Its...
  5. C

    Crystalbrite + Opticlear vs. Anti-glare

    I've never seen the crystalbrite in action, but I've been told it does help the image quality. It does have some glare but not as much as the NEC's opticlear. The opticlear really helps with the NEC. I have the 20WMGX2 and the coating really makes the screen so damn vibrant. My first day with...
  6. C

    Have dell 2405 sae the NEC NEC 20WMGX2 in person.. WOW!!! worth the downgrade???

    You may have missed but there's a 16 page thread on this same page about the NEC, and even a larger thread at widescreengamingforum.com. Link: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1043429 Is it a downgrade? I'd call it an upgrade. Not only will the NEC give much better picture quality...
  7. C

    What does oem lcd tv mean?

    Maybe...OEM means original equipment manufacturer (I think?), so its going to be bare-bones. No documentation, drivers, etc. Usually that means no cables or any extras normally included, but I've seen exceptions in the past. Power cables are normally included, but there's no guarantee.
  8. C

    Acceptable Backlight Bleeding

    Its really a matter of personal preference. If you think its too much bleeding, than its too much bleeding. Try to exchange it from where you bought it, or call the manufacturer and see what their willing to do. RMA's for bleeding (even minor bleeding) is not uncommon.
  9. C

    Buying an NEC 20WMGX2 RIGHT NOW (please help)

    I bought my NEC 20WMGX2 in Fry's when it first launched. Actually, since I live in NY, I had my brother in the SF bay area check one out for me and then ship it to me. My display is near perfect (tiny bit of bleeding in the lower left corner), but I've heard from many people that NEC's customer...
  10. C

    Anyone else think Halo is overhyped?

    I hate getting involved in arguments over personal preference, but the above comments are hard to ignore. A game that is (IMO) better that HALO...just a little game called, TRIBES!
  11. C

    Im thinking of upgrading to a 1600x1200 LCD, But 16ms is the lowest latency

    Best advice I can give is to NOT TRUST SPECS! Check out reviews (especially user reviews) but even those you cannot follow blindly. And 12-16ms is fine for most people, and depending on the panel those numbers are not really accurate.
  12. C

    LCD Hertz Question (Viewsonic wm2025wm)

    From what I understand DVI cables are limited to 60hz. So no matter what you do (sans using a VGA cable) you cannot run above 60hz.
  13. C

    Why no LCD reviews?

    This is probably not best place to pose such a question to the [H] staff. I'd try emails and/or pm's to Steve, Kyle, etc.
  14. C

    NEC LCD20WGX2 vs. Dell 2007FPW

    I will be purchasing this monitor soon (as soon as I get my 7800, there's no way a 6800 can fill all those pixels) and I based my decision DVL's awesome review on widescreengamingforum.com. It might be expensive, but its an awesome value. Sure, you can get a 24" 2405 for the same price or a 20"...
  15. C

    Samsung 940BF? (NOT 940B)

    They put the 940BF in their "best of the best" 3 issues ago. Issue after that, they got word from Samsung of a "production delay". This month's issue still lists the 940BF in the "best of the best" section. I've emailed them about this (as I'm sure many have), but I also cancelled my...
Back
Top