• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by cgcaver

  1. C

    2-2-2-5@166mhz? or 2-3-3-6@200mhz? Which is "better?"

    forgot to mention that.... my HTT has been at 4x the whole time Also, I just built this system this morning... would that be the reason the RAM won't run at 230? Needs to be "burned in"??
  2. C

    2-2-2-5@166mhz? or 2-3-3-6@200mhz? Which is "better?"

    Actually (I just figured this out)... when i run the CPU and the RAM overclocked at the same time, I can't run 230x12 and 200:200 ratio at all, no matter which of the timing settings I use for the RAM... anyone know why this would be? Shouldn't XMS DDR400 be able to do 230mhz? And what the...
  3. C

    2-2-2-5@166mhz? or 2-3-3-6@200mhz? Which is "better?"

    My CPU (A64 3800+) will be overclocked at 230x12 on my MSI Neo4-F mb (1000mhz HT) What should my Corsair XMS cas2 (2gb) be at??? I've tested both settings, both seem totally stable. 2-2-2-5 at 200:166 ratio? or 2-3-3-6 at 200:200 ratio? Pros/cons of both?
  4. C

    Better to run higher or lower voltage if CPU is stable at either?

    I have an A64 3800+, 2gb Corsair XMS cas2, MSI Neo4-F mb, upper-end vantec heatsink. I just found the OC sweetspot on my system as far as my CPU goes. It's at 235x12 and no matter how high I turn the voltage, it can't really go any higher and stay stable. The temp never gets above 42 C...
  5. C

    Corsair or generic? 1gb or 2? for my build (details inside)

    Here's what I have now: GeForce FX 5700 256mb P4 2.8ghz 800 1gb generic pc3200 (cant find a brand name) P4TSE-D2 Biostart mb 30gb 5400rpm WD PATA Here's what I've bought for my new system: Video = Geforce FX 7800-SH gt 256 Motherboard = MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA...
Back
Top