• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by cfineman

  1. C

    IGP (e3-12XX-v3) Worthwhile for Media Server?

    Fair points Chris and Rhansen.... I'll look for reasonably fast cores and not worry about the GPU... this thing will never have a head on it except for the initial build (hoping to get a board with IPMI). At this point the e3-1231-v3 seems to be at the sweet spot for me. Thanks guys (and that...
  2. C

    IGP (e3-12XX-v3) Worthwhile for Media Server?

    I assume you meant "virtualization". The primary question I had was whether any of the transcoding algos would offload anything to the integrated GPU.... from what I've been reading it sounds like the answer is know (which really surprises me!)
  3. C

    IGP (e3-12XX-v3) Worthwhile for Media Server?

    I'm putting together a server that will host (esxi-based) some sort of software raid solution (like FlexRaid or BTRFS) as well as a media server (either plex or MB3... not sure which yet... probably both for the time being). I'm also planning to use this box as a "vm lab". I'm leaning towards...
  4. C

    Definition of temps in CPUID Hardware Monitor?

    I have a Gigibyte-P35-dq6 with a qx6700. Was running CPUID Hardware Monitor to get some insight into a system's cooling capabilities. I am ignorant of the definition of "CPU" and "System" in the Temperatures category. Is one on the CPU itself and the other on the motherboard? Could one be in the...
Back
Top