Recent content by CDN_Goose

  1. C

    boot manager on SD - Point to Hdd in enclosure

    Question. Is there a way to install a boot manager on an internal SD card (Dell SC8000) that will point to an HDD seen by LSI 9216-16e? i have tried a few ways to have the bios automatically point to an SSD in this array but it will always fail unless manual intervention. any ideas? the...
  2. C

    What can i do with this Device

    Thanks. I got into it now with 38400. Curious where did you find that on google? Also. trying to get into this. It skips bios output on console. Just straight to linux booting up. then a login prompt. Im thinking to put endian on this box and boost up ram a bit though not sure how to get...
  3. C

    What can i do with this Device

    Tried that with no luck. Also going to grab another serial to rj45 cable from work in the morning to try that as well.
  4. C

    What can i do with this Device

    Finally got back to this. When i boot the console i get gibberish. some how the output is not correct. I have been searching for a manual online to no avail. any one out there know console settings? Baud rate: 9600 data: 8 stop: 1 Parity: N Flow- Xon/Xoff using putty to try this.
  5. C

    Help finding power cable. or solution.

    Need help finding a power cable name or some way to power a hard drive. I have a Dell SC8000 compellent controller. free from a friend. there is a power port all over the board. 0-8 see attached picture. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B34bf3gm42QFajhPMXkxR1BRdkE/edit?usp=sharing I...
  6. C

    What can i do with this Device

    ya i have found that and makes sense why its EOL. I was thinking to put endian or untangle on it for some toys. though not sure how to get it on it without video.
  7. C

    What can i do with this Device

    So i have 2 of these GB-3000 firewalls. When i open it up i see a standard ish xeon motherboard. CPU Speed 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon RAM & Flash Memory 1 GB RAM, 1 GB CF USB Ports Two (2) PCI Bus Type PCI-X Standard 10/100 Ethernet NICs Two (2) Standard 10/100/1000 Ethernet NICs Two (2) Maximum...
  8. C

    Dell Powervault MD1000 use and ideas

    issue with older servers is power draw. im looking to replace the 2950 with an R710 maybe as a controller. just the cost is a bit high for my justification. also Phog. I have been unable to find out where in a Perc6 it can power down drives not in use. maybe as JBOD. though haven't tested that...
  9. C

    Dell Powervault MD1000 use and ideas

    I have just received 3 MD1000's full of 1tb Drives. I am debating to use it at home as storage connected to a 1950 or 2950. I have been searching on-line but unable to find anything. Looking to see if there is a way like within a standard PC to spin down drives when not being used for a...
  10. C

    How much is a 2950 Worth

    Curious. Also i apologize if this is the wrong area. still new. I have Dell Gen 3 2950. Dual 3.0 quad core xeon. 32gb Ram Dual gigbit Sas drives. 2x 146 10k rpm redundant power. Curious how much its worth. as i want to buy another but no bases of worth to it. Any opinions?
  11. C

    Rack Mount servers at home

    Thanks for the tips. I will check out the other forums, as for the SGI racks. true they do but they have a very high cost. but still searching.
  12. C

    Rack Mount servers at home

    Good evening forum. as my first post, i am not sure if it has been posted before as my search came with too many results. now have internally 4 2U servers running in a closet. I was trying to find ideas online of a nice way to mount these but have it look appealing as well. I have seen...
Back
Top