Recent content by carpe_noctem

  1. C

    NAS advice: ZFS, SATA, SAS backplan, HW Raid

    Ok, so I would like to make an NAS (FreeBSD, FreeNAS, or something similar due to interoperability needs such as CIFS/NFS/rsync), and am looking for advice and guidance on the best way forward. Backplane: BPN-SAS-846EL1 HDD's: WDC WD3000FYYZ (Enterprise 3TB SATA) (right now only have 10, if I...
  2. C

    Mounting sliding rails to cabinet...

    Sorry for the delay... got busy putting some other systems together. Here is a pic so you can see what I am talking about. and here is a very crude text explanation b=bracket R=rails S=server s=screw -------------- ........|bSs ......b|Rs ........| ......b|Rs ........|bSs
  3. C

    Mounting sliding rails to cabinet...

    Sorry that last pic is not very clear, the rails themselves actually are mounted correctly, but because the screws I have can't bridge that gap I put the bracket for securing the racked device (server) between there. There are four holes on the server flange. (but yes the second the last picture...
  4. C

    Mounting sliding rails to cabinet...

    Greetings fellow sysadmins and tinkerers. I have sliding rail mounts for some supermicro servers that are going in a tripp-lite 48u cabinet. The problem is that I'm not sure about the correct way to mount the rails...I mounted one server before realizing that there was a gap between the server...
Back
Top