Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Lower wattage is an under statement, I've had this ups forever. Never even gave it a thought when a built this system. My last desktop was a good 8 years old and I think that's when I got the ups. I've been using my laptop for a few years because the other is so slow. This new build is awesome...
Ok, I found my problem, seems like I need a hearing aid. The beeping was from the backup power supply unit right next to the computer and not the computer. It's undersized for the computer and was not happy with the extra load of my new setup. It was a very dumb mistake on my part, 750w computer...
I ran Furmark and Prime 95. and things looked good running Prime 95 but as soon as I ran the Furmark test the beeping started right away. So I guess I'll be RMA the card to evga tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.
[H]ard|form is Awesome!!!
Thanks, I'll give them a try.
I did try a different game today and the board beeped right away. I lowered the resolutions in the game options and the beep stopped.
Do you think that would make it more likly to be my video card?
The system tells me it's running cool and the case air is cool too. It happens right away with that game, I have to go out buy another game that will work the card hard, see if it still does it. I just tried World of Warcraft and that was ok. Any thoughts on one that would test it hard?
I have 4 pci power cables and tried them all. Also bios says voltage is good. I wish I had another computer to test card with but I don't, all I have is a laptop. I haven't tried any other games yet, I'll do that and see what happens.
Thanks
Just finished bulding a new rig, i5 750 cpu, Msi - p55 GD65 board, 4gb Patroit sector g 1600 mem, Evga 260 gtx with corsair tx 750 power, running windows 7. All seemed to be running great until I loaded Cyrostasis and tried to play it. Right away bios gives me long beep on and off while playing...
The ECS card was 169 at newegg and the evga was 204 again at newegg. Just looked and they are both out of stock at the moment. Was also surfing the web with bling and looks like I can pick up a evga 260 for about 160 through buy.com if I get there credit card and make the purchase with it. I'm...
Has anyone ever seen a review on this card or used it. ECS Black Series NBGTX260-896MX-F GeForce GTX 260. I'm building a new rig, was going to go with a EVGA but this one is so much lower priced I'd like to find out more about it.
Thanks.