• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by cantoncobaltsssc

  1. C

    GTX 760 SLI or but a new GTX 970?

    I had 760 SLI and now I have the Strix 970. SLI was a bit faster in a benchmarks but the 970 to me has offered a much better gaming experience with less than half the power consumption. Absolutely recommend like some of the others that you get single 970 instead of SLI.
  2. C

    Which 970 Are You Buying?

    Asus Strix has been fantastic for me. It's overclocked +150core and +250 memory it performs flawlessly. I had bought the Gigabyte G1 but then realized it's far to big to fit in my case. I'm glad I got the Strix instead.
  3. C

    yeah yeah 970 this and that... considering 290X

    I got my 970 Strix this past saturday for 335.00. I walked in and walked out 368.50 out the door.
  4. C

    yeah yeah 970 this and that... considering 290X

    I got my 970 Strix this past saturday for 335.00.
  5. C

    yeah yeah 970 this and that... considering 290X

    As amazing as these 970's are I can't imagine anyone would spring for a 290 series as the other guy mentioned for a penny over 300.00. My Asus Strix 970 I've had since Sat is blowing me away with it's power consumption versus benchmark/gaming results. My vote is 970 x 1000%
  6. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    I've only had this ASUS since Sat afternoon, it's fabulous. It's my first ASUS anything coming EVGA for the past 3 or 4 generations of GPU. The look, the temperatures & the performance are just great. I couldn't be happier.
  7. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    I had SLI GTX 760 2 gig versions back in early spring and they were very fast in benchmarks. I had zero problems with SLI which I was expecting to have issues. Now that I have GTX 970 I will definitely SLI and get another one around February. It has exceeded any expectations I had for it...
  8. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    I used MSI afterburner to set the custom fan profile of 0-100 which I have done with quite a few of my previous cards. It runs the fans at same % as the temperature. Right now it's 32% fan @ 32c. It's a nice feature to have 0db and the fans not running but I'm really happy with this setup. I ran...
  9. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    I got a little bold this morning bumped up the core +200 & memory +300 with the 120%. Ran passmark my stock score was 8987 just got a 9847 which is almost even with 980 stock. I can't really put into words what a great birthday present this was. I love it !! Almost kinda feel bad for AMD I don't...
  10. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    I'm at 31 c idle right now it could be due to the fact here in Ohio it's 38 f outside and heater is not turned on in house. It's 66 f in my living room where my PC sits. The Coolermaster 912 has front & top 200mm fans and 120mm on side blowing directly on the 970.
  11. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    Yep idles at 33c here for me 0db no fan movement. I ran Furmark 15 min and it never went over 67 for the entire run & fan speed never went over 40%. I pushed it to 120% and reran Furmark for 15 min & 70c with 44% fan is the highest I saw them.
  12. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    Those 980's really hustle, wow. I'm just so happy that I got a 970 I thought they were all gone but well ancient chinese secret LOL
  13. C

    Asus GTX 970 Strix

    I ran 3Dmark 2013 and score 9,768 stock on Firestrike. Easily the best looking graphics card I've ever seen. Runs completely silent. First run on 3Dmark 2011 was 13,744. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I used to have EVGA GTX 760 sli and scored 10,044 on 3dmark 2013 & 15,000 on 3dmark 2011 so...
  14. C

    I want to get a console but I'm honestly confused

    I finally broke down & bought a Playstation 4 few days ago. I have been a diehard PC gamer since 2000. I have build custom PC's from the ground up every 3 years. I was very disappointed with how Watch Dogs performed this past week when I got it for PC. Even running GTX 780 I was having to many...
  15. C

    A cost worthy upgrade from a Geforce 670 gtx

    I wanted SLI graphics for 10 years and when I finally did it couple months ago other than impressive benchmarks I gotta say I'm much happier with 780 single it improves every game I play and it comes darn close to the SLI 760's when I overclock it. SLI didn't give me any problems and I'm glad I...
Back
Top