No way your 60 watt ac adapter will be enough. My 4590S [65w TDP] with 750ti sandwhich pc draws 110 watts gaming load [which is mostly on the 12v rail] and 130 watts when doing CPU intensive games. 150w minimum I'd say for the ac adapter and a 160w hd-plex or 12v 160w Pico.
She Runs!
Did some re-wiring to keep it all neat. Fortunately the ATX 24-pin male-male cable on the HD-Plex power supply is quite short so I've bonded it to a raised aluminium plate with thermal glue.
I split the SATA power peripheral output cable outputs so that the 12V wire pair just power...
Gave me a bit of inspiration to create my next lightweight gaming machine, kind of like a more weightier Alienware Alpha which is fully upgradable.
I'm using a similar case but it's slightly longer than yours [a Powercool Q5] to accommodate a HD-Plex 160W DC-DC PSU fixed to a custom bracket...
Further research found this guide
http://www.instructables.com/id/XBOX-360-Power-Supply-to-12V-Accessory-Adapter/?ALLSTEPS
The question is would this give enough juice for the system spec? Another doubt is whether the PICO can handle the 17A input. The datasheet for it doesn't mention a...
Hey all, thought I'd sign up and get some input from you guys before I start a new SFF build. Ive got a plan in mind of a VESA mounted, very compact mITX HTPC onto the back of a 20 LED TV monitor. It will have the potential of gaming @ lower resolutions of 1440x900 as well as @ 720P onto a 90...