Recent content by buffdaddy110

  1. B

    I need An Inexpensive Socket 478 Board

    How about Biostar, ECS, or ASRock, cheap and has all features. Also, how about the SIS 964 southbridge?
  2. B

    I need An Inexpensive Socket 478 Board

    I need to replace the motherboard in a friend e-machines computer. He had a socket 478 motherboard for a celeron processor running PC2700 Ram. I only build AMD systems and I'm not familiar with anything pentium. Could someone help with suggestions on an inexpensive solution with on board sound...
  3. B

    Athlon X2 4400 or 4800

    I made the plunge and went with the X2 4800. I hope all goes well with the install, and will report back with my likes or dislikes. I also bought an MSI K8N-NEO 4 Platinum, 2GB OCZ PC3200, and the new Thermaltake Purepower 600W 80% efficiency.
  4. B

    Athlon X2 4400 or 4800

    The question I'm trying to get answered is overclocking aside, clock for clock is the Opteron 175 better than the X2 4400. The price is $30 more for the Opteron, but is it the better processor.
  5. B

    Dual Core Drivers

    I know the NVIDIA Forceware drivers are optimized for dual core processors, does anyone know if ATI's are the same.
  6. B

    Athlon X2 4400 or 4800

    Would I be better off getting the Opteron 175 or the X2 4400 both clocked at 2.2. Basically which is the better processor, overclocking aside, because I already know the main benefit of the Opteron's are ther overclockability.
  7. B

    Athlon X2 4400 or 4800

    Do you think I'd be better off getting Opteron 175 with better overclock ability, and if so will it be compatible with the Nforce 4 Ultra chipset.
  8. B

    Athlon X2 4400 or 4800

    I'm getting ready to build a new computer and was wondering if it's worth it to spend the extra money on the 4800 over the 4400. Money isn't really the issue, although I won't spend $1000 on the FX-60, I just wan't to spend wisely. I may overclock some, but not much, so I basically need straight...
Back
Top