• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by btwiggles2

  1. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    What is your stripe size? Did you format with the default 4kb size in Windows? What about your Raid Contoller settings, read ahead, write policy, I/O Policy?
  2. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    RAM disk test forthcoming.
  3. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    This is the "Single Disk Raid 0". The disc is identital to the RAID5 member disks, Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB, easily capable of reading at 130-140MB/s. Surely the RAID 5 should be able to write as fast as it can read from one of these drives.
  4. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    Even if RAID 5 doesn't scale linearly like RAID0, writes shouldn't get worse. With the cache disabled writes are under 80MB/s, almost half of what I see using the 2TB by itself, or the speed shown in the file transfer after the cache fills up. Single disk RAID 0 is using the drive connected...
  5. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    I did as suggested and as expected, the write performance, as well as reads, is greatly increased. However these speeds shown are for relatively small transfers. If I'm writing a 10GB BR-Rip, the effects will be diminished as the 512MB cache will fill up and the HDD's, at their current write...
  6. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    I'm in complete agreement, enabling the cache will increase the write speeds dramatically. But humor me, if I was running a software RAID, or didn't want to enable the cache in order to avoid corruption, shouldn't I be able to get higher write speeds in a 5-Drive Raid5, knowing that a single...
  7. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    I don't have the battery backup. But I'm intentionally showing the bench without the write-back cache enabled to show the slow write speeds in the RAID5 as compared to a single drive. I realize enabling cache will improve the write speeds, but only to a certain point. The drives themselves...
  8. B

    LSI 9260-8i RAID 5 Help Needed

    My RAID 5 array isn't quite performing as I'd hoped. I'm looking for any guidance or suggestions. This array is used for storing BR-Rips and TV Series, all files are at least 1GB, most closer to 10GB. I was expecting write speeds for large file transfers to be more inline with the read speeds...
  9. B

    Best 2tb Raid5 disk

    Thank you and sorry.
  10. B

    Best 2tb Raid5 disk

    I'm running 5 of the EcoGreen F4's in RAID 5 on the 9260-8i. I'm getting terribly slow write speeds, sub-100 MB/s. I realize that for writes all the XOR calculations need to be done, so speeds aren't going to be great, but this seems really slow. What are others getting for speeds? Also...
Back
Top