Recent content by Brautigan

  1. B

    Want to get the BenQ GW2765HT but some reviews say lag is there ?

    It wasn't something I noticed in gaming, no. I pulled up various images that were darker and still did not notice any issues.
  2. B

    Want to get the BenQ GW2765HT but some reviews say lag is there ?

    The monitor has arrived (Amazon Prime has yet to let me down). Some background: My previous monitor was a 4 year old Asus 23" 1080p monitor. Nothing wrong with it (actually worked great), but I wanted to go a bit bigger and higher resolution. Other pertinent specs: i5 2500K 290X...
  3. B

    Want to get the BenQ GW2765HT but some reviews say lag is there ?

    I just ordered one of Amazon and it should be arriving Tuesday. I can post some feedback once I get it in my hands. After a lot of research on the monitor the feedback seems to be it is solid. Was debating between this and the Dell 25", but I have a hard time pulling the trigger on the Dell...
  4. B

    Current build ~3 years old - Picking spots for upgrades

    Just saw that Newegg is offering a Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X for 449.99... if my r9 290 Vapor-X is unopened am I better off just returning and ordering the 290X (for $20 less)? Edit: Went ahead and submitted an RMA on the 290 Vapor-X and ordered the 290X Tri-X. Newegg is great in that they are not...
  5. B

    Current build ~3 years old - Picking spots for upgrades

    Upper hard drive bays have been removed... took a little work given they were riveted in, but a bit of drilling and it was done. Now just awaiting my Vapor-X 290 shipment. As I was making that modification I also installed a 3TB Seagate drive that was recommended above. My SSD's...
  6. B

    Current build ~3 years old - Picking spots for upgrades

    Ok, thank you. Now to confirm the 290 will actually fit in my case. I thought my 570 was huge, but I see that cards have only gotten bigger!
  7. B

    Current build ~3 years old - Picking spots for upgrades

    I see R9 290s and the 4gb 770 are priced similarly in some cases. Any reason to strongly value one over the other?
  8. B

    Current build ~3 years old - Picking spots for upgrades

    I did recently update the firmware of the SSD. After some additional tinkering it seems to be working much better now. Thanks for all the input thus far. Any thoughts as to TVs for a second 'monitor'?
  9. B

    Current build ~3 years old - Picking spots for upgrades

    I've been pretty easy on the processor to this point... limited overclocking. That is a big GPU - at 10.25" it will fit in my case, but not by much :). Perhaps this is just coincidence but I see Amazon is a about 10% cheaper than Newegg for this GPU. It was the same way when I did my original...
  10. B

    Current build ~3 years old - Picking spots for upgrades

    Hello- I did my first build roughly 3 years ago. Has worked out just fine, but am starting to get the itch to upgrade a couple of components. I was hoping to get your thoughts on what my weakest links are and where I should start. I don't need bleeding edge technology, but would like to be...
  11. B

    MSI Z68A-GD65 or Asus Z68-v Pro

    Thank you for the feedback. I ended up going with my first instinct and purchased the Asus. At the end of the day the price differential wasn't that significant in light of the overall build cost. And, as you stated, there is a difference between price and value.
  12. B

    MSI Z68A-GD65 or Asus Z68-v Pro

    Greetings- There is currently a pretty solid deal on the MSI board at newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.674899 $375 in a combo pack with the 2500k (plus a $20 MIR... meh) The Asus P8Z68-v Pro is also on special at $199...
Back
Top