Recent content by Booyaah

  1. B

    Any reliable USB Hubs with USB 3.1 gen2 yet?

    I can't seem to find many outside of these: https://www.amazon.com/Type-C-10Gbps-VL820-Mounting-Plate/dp/B0767NK19L https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB-Hub-USB-Powered/dp/B01MSKSG70 Seems to only actually support gen1 (5 Gbps) speed. Any suggestions or just continue to play the waiting...
  2. B

    Safari Browser Sheds Users, Mimicking IE

    I don't get why so much effort is put into companies to make their own web browser. I guess it's so they can have some power to exert their influence on HTML and web standards? Or is there big money in selling your browsing history? Doesn't seem like there's much profit involved.
  3. B

    Congress Can Save the Internet

    I'm a little confused here, so on Sept 30th the U.S. legal oversight runs out on ICANN? Is Obama trying to block a renewal of a bill, or have the govt sell ICANN, or is it just that the House hasn't renewed it yet, or are the politicians going to go full hostage mode on the renewal until the...
  4. B

    Explosion Rocks SpaceX Launch Site in Florida During Test

    I wondered why Elon's twitter feed has been strangely quiet the last day.
  5. B

    U.S. Government Wants To Electronically Limit Truck Speeds

    I've always thought they should add a dedicated commercial lane for truckers only that they can only leave if they are going to exit the freeway but that would probably cost too much.
  6. B

    HBM3: Cheaper, Up To 64GB On-Package, And Terabytes-Per-Second Bandwidth

    Well I don't want to wait another 4 years for this stuff so I'll be fine with 16 GB HBM2 VRAM :)
  7. B

    Google Fiber Sign Ups Go Live In Atlanta

    God I'm paying $59 for 50/5 someone help me lol. At least TWC said they will be upgrading my area to 300/30 for no extra charge in the next 6 months. Also does anyone know if Google's numbers are just 1-yr intro rates? I wouldn't be surprised if they jack it up a year later.
  8. B

    Leaked AMD Zen Engineering Sample Benchmarks?

    I'm not gonna hold my breath on this one. I feel like the GloFlo FinFET yields are still really low and they probably need a whole nother year to mature their process.
  9. B

    Man Builds Star Wars Speeder Bike...Sorta

    No freaking engine at all? I expected him to at least go zipping out like a tron bike...not like Fred Flintstone on a big wheel :P
  10. B

    HBO Confirms “Game Of Thrones” Will End With Season 8

    I was sad to see The Bastard Executioner get cancelled after its first season. Show had great potential...seemed almost like a sequel to Braveheart, post Longshanks era. Sadly they decided to use a stupid name for the show and had some bad marketing/advertising which led to low viewership.
  11. B

    What are you nerds playing this weekend?

    I always play SP games on the hardest difficulty for the challenge plus better replay value. I recently finished Witcher 3 Death March finally (110 hrs, I plowed through a bunch of the optional side quests). Now I'm playing Doom 3 on Nightmare...god I realize I haven't played a fast paced FPS...
  12. B

    Best Graphics By Year

    Probably this year I'd say RotR, and 2018 Star Citizen maybe :P
  13. B

    Now You Can Broadcast Yourself Eating On Twitch

    lmao, Twitch will sell out to anything they think will make them a quick buck nowadays.
  14. B

    AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review @ [H]

    Kyle I don't get this review...you said you are testing it against 4 other cards but all your charts only show the 380X and 960. Where is the 390 and 970 on the charts? Ofc it will look good when only compared to a 960. Why not put it side by side with a 1070 as well?
  15. B

    How Did The U.S. Patent Office Get So Screwed Up?

    I actually read that whole article...sucks that guy got screwed. I think there should be a way to have a pre-patent closed door IPR where the prospective patent owner can prove his invention is valid to be patented before seeing his patented idea 10 years later being stolen by large companies.
Back
Top