Recent content by Boilgens

  1. B

    HP 25ER, any users?

    That's not my experience with the 27vx, it only goes to 72 for some reason when using nvidia control panel. Thanks for the answer though. I'll probably get the HP 24ER (23.8) and test if its worth it.
  2. B

    HP 25ER, any users?

    I haven't come across any decent in-depth reviews on the 25ER, which seems to be a successor to the 25CW, which has gotten good reviews. If anyone has used this monitor, could you answer me this: Overclockability, Pixel-pitch, and general feel of graininess. The HP 27vx I have is not...
  3. B

    Any full-glossy monitor options for all-around use available?

    Seems like the newest wave of gaming and all-around use monitors all have very light to medium anti-glare coatings. That's fine and dandy, but are there any purely glossy monitor options out there?
  4. B

    Dell U2515H vs AOC Q2577PWQ?

    Yesh, sorry. I remembered wrong, it is almost 19 ms. In my head, that is too high for FPS-gaming. You'd be one frame away from the action. Not sure, but I think V-sync adds to those 19 ms'. There are 2540x1440 TN's with and without G-sync/Free-sync, I'd recommend looking at some of these unless...
  5. B

    Dell U2515H vs AOC Q2577PWQ?

    The AOC has 11-12 ms lag, so you might sense it during FPS-gaming if you play alot (see pcmonitors' review). It says 5 ms on the box, but it fares worse than the Dell's you'd normally buy in real terms. My opinion is that you should also have a 780 or higher in terms of graphics on 2540x1440...
  6. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    Yeah, theres an unspoken psychological aspect to monitors. If I spot something I don't like, I get a neurotic sort of unease, and I'm completely out of it - it's not easy being picky. I guess it all boils down to what we hate the least. Sitting here with both the EW and the VX alternating like a...
  7. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    I can't really speak on behalf of all glossy monitors, but I have a incandescent light-thingy in the roof in my office, which is quite strong. It's a small room, and I don't notice it at all - I prefer having it on, versus off. I tried turning on a strong desk lamp right behind me.. it's pretty...
  8. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    If you wanna buy it, and you have the liquidity, get three of 'em as Daniel_Chang told me - then pick the one with the least glow. As you know, mine was quite glow-y. The glossiness and responsiveness for this thing makes it such a delight for gaming. I probably can't discern colors too well...
  9. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    I think I see what you're seeing, the SDE-ish feeling, but that's looking real close. Now, I've heard some say that there's no AG what so ever, so that might be the case. My AG-test consisted of looking at piercingly bright surfaces, while panning around (2) Dim, gray surfaces. (3) Foggy...
  10. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    There is some AG, I presume, but I can't see it while gaming. Thanks for the photos! I'll think what to do with it, probably I'll keep it, but that's being very generous.
  11. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    Ok, so the 27VX is in. I've never owned an IPS before, but I can only reason that the large glowing left bottom corner isn't IPS glow. It's not evident anywhere else on the screen, and blacks look fine in every other area, even compared to my average VA. So I'm fairly certain that this is BLB...
  12. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    From NCX's review: "The Leo Bodnar device measures 9.7ms in the middle of the screen". So yea, I don't think there's a difference based on this. The screen is probably not 100% glossy either, because HP's home page says "AG-tech". It is a bit of a mystery why the differences are so slight...
  13. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    Thanks for the input. It is possible that the VX's are glossy like the Dell S2415H. That is, glossy with tinted glass. Unlikely, though. I guess I'll find out the next week, getting the 27VX then. They use PWM under 100% brightness). I'll report here then. This is just my personal input...
  14. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    You brought in some experience to the discussion, that's all I meant :) Good to know that the coating isn't obtrusive, at least in one case. I actually have the EW, unfortunately my unit has AG which make some, but not all games, unplayable for me. That's one of the reasons why I want to get a...
  15. B

    HP 25-27" CW & XW: Almost-Glossy Overclock-able 1080p IPS

    Thanks for correcting on that. This is a highly subjective matter, but to which extent are you bothered by it while gaming? If you are not actively looking for it, I mean.
Back
Top