Recent content by boeckelr

  1. B

    Question about IDE vs AHCI mode on GA-Z68XP-UD3

    Thanks for your help. I had actually looked on Google for a solution prior to posting here, but it was late and I was tired and must have passed over several links that contained the answer. Anyway after reading your replies, I went back and easily found the fix. And like munkle said, I...
  2. B

    Question about IDE vs AHCI mode on GA-Z68XP-UD3

    Hi everyone - I dont know if this is the correct place to post this question, but I didnt see a hard drive forum here. I just put together a new system - Core i5 2500k with a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 motherboard. All I have for drives are an SATA DVD burner, and an SATA WD hard drive. They are...
  3. B

    SB - which is best way to get to 16GB - 4x4gb or 2x8gb?

    Thanks for replying so quickly. The only reasons I bought the extra ram was because it was cheap, and because with 8gb I had trouble running NetinVM (a VM that simulates a network using usermode Linux) smoothly. I know that most if not all games work well w/4 or 8 gigs...but for running...
  4. B

    8GB vs. 16GB DDR3

    Hi OfficerMartinez, How did you achieve the 16gb? 2 x 8gb? or 4 x 4gb? I ask because I read somewhere else that running 4 x 4gb of that G.Skill RAM will result in the ram running at a lower speed than it should. The person who stated this said that 2 x 4gb of it was fine - it would run at...
  5. B

    SB - which is best way to get to 16GB - 4x4gb or 2x8gb?

    Hi - I am building a new PC. Core i5 2500K, Gigabyte GS-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard and I bought 8gb (2 x 4GB) of G.Skill Ripjaws PC3 12800 w/9-9-9-24-2N timings. The ram was only $30, and I decided I might as well put another 8GB in for that money. Anyway Newegg only has the G.Skill Ripjaws...
Back
Top