Moving from CRT will always feel alien but for me the A700D is awesome.
Once I tweaked the settings to reduce colour temp and brightness the colours are very rich and blacks are deep with zero back light bleed, there is plenty of fine tuning available.
At first I was dubious but the...
Mine has just arrived, a quick power shows no back light bleed or dead pixels. The housing is very slim and has the typical smart and sleek samsung look. The glossy screen is well, glossy, not sure how I will get on with that but time will tell.
More impressions to follow when ive had time to...
"question, does it really have a refresh rate of 76Hz"
at native resolution(1080p) it will be 60hz, the 76 only applies to 800x600 / very low resolutions.
I am also trying to decide between the two, the RL on paper looks like a very capable 2d monitor and originally thats what I wanted...