• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by blueflamedazn

  1. B

    Added 8GB RAM to current computer, but windows/programs are slower to respond

    OK so I ended up putting my new 4GB sticks in A1,B1 slots (1st and 3rd slot away from the CPU) and my old 2GB sticks in the A2,B2 slots, defaulted my BIOS settings to auto and it booted up like a dream. now it's back to its old self again, and in fact the extra 8GB def helped to even speed...
  2. B

    Added 8GB RAM to current computer, but windows/programs are slower to respond

    oops sorry, it should be fixed now
  3. B

    Added 8GB RAM to current computer, but windows/programs are slower to respond

    Hi, I built a computer 5 years ago with a M4A785TD-M EVO mobo and 2x2GB of GSKILLs RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Couple days ago I decided to add 8GB more membory and installed these guys: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... The machine...
  4. B

    Daylight Savings Time Ends: Time to Fall Back

    "daylight saving" vs "daylight savings" FIGHT!
  5. B

    MSI - Metro 2033 - GTX 460 Giveaway!

    Don't ride the METRO because if you re-arrange the letters you get "RTMEO" which stands for "riding the metro equals OMYEFFINGGOSHIMGONNADIE!!!!!"
  6. B

    power supply for 9600gt or 4670

    Thanks everybody, I decided to go with the MSI 9600 GT and the Antec Earthwatts. Question about the rebate though. The rebate works as long as I place the order by the deadline date, correct? Will the invoice show the date that the order was placed or when it gets shipped? The deadline is...
  7. B

    power supply for 9600gt or 4670

    I'm buying my first video card for the first time and wasn't sure whether to get the 9600gt or 4670 (PCI-e). Planning to game at medium to low settings. My stock PSU is pretty underpowered, but have no experience buying a PSU and would appreciate any input from you guys (trying to keep PSU...
  8. B

    Levitating Water Effect

    yeah this has been used in FACS cell sorting technology in biological research for the last 25 years or so...nothing new or exciting for us biology research nerds.
  9. B

    Hacking Your Body's Bacteria

    That's true, but bacteria are also a huge magnituded smaller than your average human cell and its lifespan varies greatly.
  10. B

    Oblivion lag

    Apparently the ingame music was causing the retareded slowdown. I had to go into oblivion.ini and set bMusicEnabled to 0. The game is running fine w/o music (around 45fps outdoors @ low-medium settings @ 800x600). I guess we'll hafta wait for the patch to come out to fix this music problem...
  11. B

    Oblivion lag

    I think I've made a breakthrough. So I went into the taskmanager and randomly picked tasks to end and running Oblivion. After much trial and error, I discovered that if I ended one of the svchost.exe's (the one that takes up the most mem). I get to run Oblivion at 40-50 fps at the character...
  12. B

    Oblivion lag

    Nope, still crappy framerate @ character creation screen. My x700pro is AGP flavor and I don't know if that makes any difference. Other than that I've also tried everything else including fast-write options, smartgart, forcing textures to be performance rather than quality, etc. via the ati...
  13. B

    Oblivion lag

    Yeah my bad, I'm wasn't sure what to call it. I did completely uninstall and reinstall the drivers. I'm using omega drivers though, I guess I can give the old catalyst 5.13's a shot. So basically rename oblivion.ini to something else and use launcher settings? Also I tried looking in my...
  14. B

    Oblivion lag

    So I defragged my HD the other day and apparently some of the oblivion files are fragmented and during analyzation the files that were fragmented were: Voices2.bsa Oblivion.esm OblivionIntro.bik Meshes.bsa OblivionOutro.bik Textures - Compressed.bsa After I defraged my HD, it says...
  15. B

    Oblivion lag

    P4 2.6 Ghz 512 MB Ram x700 pro The game starts okay and takes me into the menu no problem. After I watch the intro video after clicking "start new game" the character selection screen drops down to 1 fps. All my settings are low, no bloom, no hdr, non of the launcher boxes checked...
Back
Top