• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by blue_solace

  1. B

    Asus VE278Q

    I can't comment on the Dell, but I use this for my PS3 and love it. Colors are rich and there isn't any ghosting. I'd set the RGB range to limited though- full makes it too dark for some games. It also accepts 24p from BD. Not sure if it is doing anything for it but who knows.
  2. B

    Asus VE278Q

    I have to echo what you said about the lack of an auto-detect feature @zolointo. There should be no reason to cycle past unused inputs and also no reason it can't default to a certain input like my 3 year old Hannspree did. Otherwise, I'm still pretty happy. 27" of real estate is definitely nice.
  3. B

    Asus VE278Q

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImage=24-236-103-Z02&ISList=24-236-103-Z01%2c24-236-103-Z02%2c24-236-103-Z03%2c24-236-103-Z04%2c24-236-103-Z05%2c24-236-103-Z06%2c24-236-103-Z07%2c24-236-103-Z08&S7ImageFlag=1&Item=N82E16824236103&Depa=0&WaterMark=1&Description=ASUS%20VE278Q%20Bl...
  4. B

    Asus VE278Q

    Mr. Wolf, 1) Default seems fine. I debated going to 125% but with dual monitors, standard was good. I wouldn't sit too far away but yes, it is pretty good. 2) No custom software AFAIK. The disc in it is just drivers IIRC. 3) I assume 3rd party works. I might try them later but right now I'm...
  5. B

    Asus VE278Q

    Hey guys. Just joined because of this thread actually. I wanted to thank everybody for their posts on this. It made the decision to buy a lot easier. My impression- Excellent picture. VERY bright. So much so in fact that I needed to turn down the brightness quite a bit. No backlight bleed...
Back
Top