Recent content by blizeH

  1. B

    You know the noise a computer makes just as it powers down? Well...

    Many thanks again for the replies, I just tried a new PSU as suggested (it was the one from my parents computer, 260W! lol) and it worked just fine, so I've ordered a new power supply. Fingers crossed that is actually the problem and it's not just a coincidence! It's a 500W Antec modular one...
  2. B

    You know the noise a computer makes just as it powers down? Well...

    Bah, still no luck really. Earlier I tried: - Using the cables from my DVD drives instead of the current ones. Same problem, can't be the power or IDE cable - Resetting the CMOS No difference - Disconnecting/temporarily stopping fans No difference - Reseating the memory No...
  3. B

    You know the noise a computer makes just as it powers down? Well...

    Good call, thank you! I don't live anywhere near a local computer shop unfortunately, so it'd be hard to return a PSU, but I'll need a new one at some point anyway I guess so... meh! :)
  4. B

    You know the noise a computer makes just as it powers down? Well...

    My computer is making that exact noise over and over again when I first turn it on during the POST screen. Once it's done that, it sometimes continues to boot up (after around a minute of squeak, squeak, tick tick tick, squeak and repeat) but there have been one or two times where it hasn't...
  5. B

    Noisey Motherboard, Worringly Noisey Hard Drive..

    Hi, sorry for the late responce, but what's marine RTV adhesive? Thanks, Nick
  6. B

    Noisey Motherboard, Worringly Noisey Hard Drive..

    Hi there, I've got a faulty Seagate Hard Drive, it's an 80GB, 7200RPM and has actually been faulty since I had it, I just didn't realise. It was very slow at file transfers but I just assumed it was the standard speed to transfer files between drives (my main one with the windows partition, and...
Back
Top