Recent content by BillthePlayerPawn

  1. B

    Lian Li V600 or PC-A05B?

    I have a G50, apart from being an overclocking nightmare it's fantastic, cheap and small. My next case will be an A05, with the power supply problem solved I see it as the perfect desktop case for me. the only reason I can come up with to choose a G50 or V600 over the A05 is the drive bay...
  2. B

    HDD activity lights for more than one HD possible?

    I know it can be done with ide, you can run a couple of the pins to leds then to the ground, I've forgotten the details but it can be done. I don't know how it could be done for sata. a lot of old hard drives had a couple of pins somewhere on them to connect to an activity led, but the...
  3. B

    Internal USB too short

    nah, usb can go pretty far, I don't know the rated length but I'm sure you could add several feet without any ill effects.
  4. B

    New Lian Li case.. Where the heck does the PSU go!

    this makes me very annoyed that I bought a g50 over the summer, when I could have had this a few months later for the same price. it's a much better case in every way, unless you're really stuck on 5 1/2" bays. as for the psu switch, yeah you'd have to take the front off, but the front panel...
  5. B

    Logitech G7 on par with G5?

    I have a g5 and love it (after a coat of paint). I used a g7 on a friends computer at a lan party once, the battery died on me while playing battlefield, he didn't have a spare. that is all, just be aware if you're using it nonstop for 12 hours. the g7 also looks way better than the g5.
  6. B

    100% DIY water cooling setup

    I got a 1'x2x1/2", c110 bar. from onlinemetals.com for 55 dollars, which is by no means a ripoff, but copper is getting expensive. aluminum seems like nothing by comparison. but I'm happy since that's enough to make blocks for the cpu, northbridge and and two gpus with room to screw up a...
  7. B

    100% DIY water cooling setup

    I've been pondering water cooling for a while now, I've decided that it'll be my high school senior project. I got my pump a few years ago at a yard sale for 10 bucks, it's not bad, pumps about 2 and a half gallons a minute. so that's taken care of, and I can probably get appropriate fittings...
  8. B

    Nvidia G80 w/11 inch Gfx Cards and Case Issues

    come on! where's the love? before the day I found a full length(as in all the way to the end of the case where you'd find plastic supports) pci card and shoved it into a machine having no idea what the purpose was, I was not a man. it turned out to be an old T1 interface card. but full...
  9. B

    water cooling a lian li pc g50

    I wasn't sure where to post this since it's basically equal parts cooling and case modding, but here goes. after noticing l1ght's v600 I started thinking about doing a similar modification to my g50 since the airflow over the processor is awful. I'd like to make my own water blocks, since...
  10. B

    Scared...Hard drive modification

    properly set up, read performance on raid-1 is the same as raid-0. it seems that this is irrelevant to your argument, sacrifice half the storage, double the reliability, or the other way around, write speed would be roughly half set up as raid-1 but for gaming that doesn't really matter, you...
  11. B

    Case suggestion, smaller but not mATX

    if you get a nice case and want to take it to lan parties, just keep the box, and the styrofoam inserts. there's nothing like the packaging it came in to protect your case. I used to use an 8 year old generic steel case, it worked great with rear exaust and blowhole fans I modded into it. I...
  12. B

    Static Electricity + Acrylic.

    insulation is the problem, it's the reason static electricity builds up on acrylic but not metal. if you're really worried, run a copper wire from casing on the hard drive to the casing on the power supply. realistically, any grounded metal within an inch or two will draw most of any...
  13. B

    Looking for a thin Video Card

    I'd go for a 7300. this is due to my overall loathing toward the 6200 cards. they'll both serve you well in an htpc setup. your choice. go for a passively cooled card, video card fans are always loud and high pitched, and if you want one that isn't it's going to take up two slots.
  14. B

    How does an HTPC work with a cablebox?

    my motorola box has a serial port. it works the same as an irblaster but direct, without possibility of the cat knocking it off and ruining everything. it's not likely to be enabled so you might have to call your cable company, don't bother telling them what you're doing, they won't...
  15. B

    Need a good, SMALL, mATX case for an HTPC

    the lian-li pc c35 looks about as wide as the antec, but half the height. looks perfect for an htpc as it's about the same size as a high-end dvd player. but might not suit your needs as it still isn't an matx case and low profile expansion cards would be necessary. in addition to that, I...
Back
Top