• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by bigshooter

  1. B

    Startech duallink DVI or displayport KVM. Anyone using one?

    I'm looking at one of these two KVM's for my Dell U3011 to switch keyboard, monitor, mouse, and audio between my laptop (displayport) and desktop (dual link DVI). Startech SV231DPUA 2 port Displayport KVM...
  2. B

    Largish laptop backpack for overnight business trips

    Hopefully this is the right forum for this, but does anyone have suggestions on a good laptop backpack for overnight trips? I'm tired of bringing a second carry on bag just for a change of clothes. Ideally I could fit a 15" laptop and 7-10" tablet, power adapters and cables, and then gym...
  3. B

    Cart to hold server lab equipment?

    This is a weird question, but thought the virtual form would have people that may have done this. I have a couple of Poweredge R710 and an EQL PS6000 to setup a new vmware/hyper-v test environment but everything is currently sitting on the floor in my apartment. I have plenty of space but...
  4. B

    USB only power strip? How come nobody makes one?

    Now that almost every gadget is charged by a USB connection, why aren't there USB only power strips? I think I saw a 4 port strip on thinkgeek, but it looks like it's powered off a USB connection itself. What I would like is something that can provide 2A to 5 or 6 USB ports so it can...
  5. B

    Dual post - does anyone know of a good KVM for 2560x1600 display?

    I posted in the display forum as well, but thought I would try General Hardware as well. Has anyone found a good KVM for a U3011? I have found some startech that support displayport in, and some iogear that support dual link dvi (these were more highly rated), but both are rated for...
  6. B

    Best KVM to use with U3011? Displayport from e-dock and dual link dvi from desktop

    Has anyone found a good KVM for a U3011? I have found some startech that support displayport in, and some iogear that support dual link dvi (these were more highly rated), but both are rated for 2560x1600. I have a latitude e6320 with an e-dock that I currently have displayport in to the...
  7. B

    Dell U3011 coming soon.

    Has anyone had issues with their U3011 image becoming corrupted? I thought it was my video cards, but even the OSD was corrupted. I plugged my laptop in over displayport with the same issue, but then after 5-10 minutes it went back to normal. When the image gets corrupted part of the picture...
  8. B

    FS: Dell 2007WFP and ZuneHD 16GB w/speck pixelskin case

    Selling a Dell 2007WFP 1680x1050 20" IPS monitor. Great condition, just didn't need it anymore. SOLD Also selling a black 16GB ZuneHD that's probably still full of death metal and diggnation episodes. Great mp3 player with an awesome case for someone that is going to beat the crap out of it...
  9. B

    FS: ZuneHD 16GB w/speck pixelskin case $75+shipping

    Selling a Dell 2007WFP 1680x1050 20" IPS monitor. Great condition, just didn't need it anymore. $75 + shipping obo. Also selling a black 16GB ZuneHD that's probably still full of death metal and diggnation episodes. Great mp3 player with an awesome case for someone that is going to beat...
  10. B

    Dell U3011 coming soon.

    I just got my U3011 last Friday (free two day shipping ftw) and it's a A03 from Mexico. At least that's what it says on the back. BTW, this thing is ridiculous. I was going to just get a U2412M and save myself $700, but after using this for a while I'm a high resolution convert. I almost...
  11. B

    SILVERSTONE TJ08E - New MicroATX Case

    Do you guys think because of the small case that the Thermalright HR02 fanless would work well? Would additional fans disrupt airflow at all since it appears the 120mm rear pulling fan is directly in line with it? I didnt even know about this heatsink until I saw it in chiphells build.
  12. B

    SILVERSTONE TJ08E - New MicroATX Case

    Can anyone recommend a good HSF for this case? I'm about to order this, Asus Z68 matx board, and a i5-2600k, but have never used a non stock HSF before. There's way too many to choose from even when you have to keep them under 165mm.
  13. B

    VDI - MS licensing costs could kill the project

    I don't believe the OEM license can have SA applied to it. You need to contact Dell sales (or reseller of your choice) about getting licensed through MS's licensing programs. If you're part of this program you also get somewhat discounted pricing and can add software assurance on so you're...
  14. B

    FS: PS3 80GB MGS4 bundle w/ extra sixaxis and Street Fighter 4 game

    I have a PS3 80GB Metal Gear solid bundle (also plays PS2 games) for sale. I will throw in a second dualshock controller I picked up as well as Street Fighter 4 and some dragon ball z Budokai game I bought for an ex girlfriend's son to play (OK, I played it too). I'll ship the PS3 in original...
  15. B

    AS400/iSeries/Systemi/i5os - virtualization?

    Sorry man, you're stuck with buying an IBM system and licensing i. The good news is you don't need a very big system though. You can probably find a cheap i520 (power5 based) or even get a power 6 520 used, but you're still going to have to deal with licensing the iseries os. If this is just...
Back
Top