• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Big G

  1. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    In VINDICIS defence there where actually two BIOS save bugs. One had to do with the V1.4 bios and the core voltage save. The other was a issue where NO bios settings where saveing once you exited the BIOS screen and launched windows. If I am not mistaken this was the issue that Vindicis was having.
  2. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    LOVE IT!! Best mobo I have had in a long time. Since this is a fresh launch I can accept a few issues with the new boards and it seems all the mobo companys are having some sort of issue or another. The no save bug SUCKS but I thinks its only a smal percent thats effected. I wonder for those...
  3. B

    Maybe a silly Q, but why isn't my Bus Speed exactly 100mhz?

    My sugestion is to flash your bios to at least V1.7 or higher. This will give you the option to turn off spread spectrum ( not sure you can on the bios v1.4 that shipped with most boards). This is what I did and my bus speed went from 99.8 to a solid 100. ** I am assuming the OP has a 1155...
  4. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    If your flashing your bios DO NOT use the easy bios update thing that comes built in with the mother board. This is know to cause the save issues like your having. The sugested way to flash is to use the USB stick method. They refer to it as the MSI Fourm Bios Tool.
  5. B

    Did I draw the short straw on the worst Sandybridge CPU out there?

    For all the 1155 MSI boards you will need to flash to 1.7 to get your OC voltage to stick. 1.4 - 1.6 has a bug with the voltage. Basically even though you change and save the higher core voltage, once you save and exit and start to test the OC the voltage will always stay stock. Bios v1.7...
  6. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    Re-seat your CPU and test your RAM and make sure it has the correct settings in the bios. Let us know if that fixes anything.
  7. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    Sorry about that. I am running BIOS V1.7B4 (beta). I got it off the MSI forums, it had been posted by a mod. I used the MSI forum BIOS flash tool. Not sure If I am allowed to link the info on these forums but if you look around in the MSI forum under OC & Modding you will locate a few posts on...
  8. B

    Overclocking the MSI GD65

    Where did you get OC II at? It did not come bundled on the drivers CD with my GD65 board. The version I have down loaded from MSI's web site tells me my board is not supported when I install it. :confused:
  9. B

    2600k + MSI P67A-GD65 Temps

    I do not believe it effects anything negatively. I have always been told and read to turn Spread Spectrum off when OCing because it helps to stabilize your over clock a little. I just forgot to turn it off at first. You can Google Spread Spectrum and read up on it to get a more in depth idea of...
  10. B

    2600k + MSI P67A-GD65 Temps

    If anyone is annoyed by the 99.8 BUS speed in CPU-Z, I figured out if you turn off Spread Spectrum this will put you BUS at 100.
  11. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    Hey just figured out something by accident with this board. While I have been OCing I noticed my BUS speed was sitting at 99.8 instead of 100. Well just now I noticed that SPREAD SPECTRUM was ENABLED. So I disabled the spread spectrum and now when I open CPU-Z the BUS is listed at 100.0 on the...
  12. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    Ok for all those wondering if running SLI/CrossFire will inter fear with the pin connectors JPF1 & JPF2. Here are my findings: (I am running x2 EVGA GTX 570 cards in SLI) JPF1 = HDD Led,Reset Switch, Power Led & Power Switch JPF2 = Suspend Led, Power Led, attachable mobo speaker I have...
  13. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    Flopper,what bios version are you running on your board?
  14. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    Mine arrives tomorrow. I will take some pics of how bad it is and post them so all can see before they buy this board for sli/crossfire use.
  15. B

    MSI P67A-GD65 LGA1155 Chipset Motherboard Review @ [H]

    :eek: Kyle where can you be found tomorrow so I can kick you in the balls :D Don't feel bad Guru3d did not mention this in their review either. I guess I can always keep this MB for my son's SB single card build in the spring if I cannot fit my two 570's on it.
Back
Top