• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by benualson

  1. B

    i7 920 x58 worth replacing?

    Thanks. I found that to be the case as well.
  2. B

    i7 920 x58 worth replacing?

    How about three of these? http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=20-231-527 If triple channel kit is recommend, I may do this: http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=20-231-358 Is 1600 MHz good enough for OCing the xeon?
  3. B

    i7 920 x58 worth replacing?

    I like the idea of upgrading RAM and processor. Is this a good deal: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351033020990&alt=web I can just buy 3 identical RAM dimms correct? Don't need to be sold as a triple channel set?
  4. B

    i7 920 x58 worth replacing?

    I think you are correct. That is why I have continued to upgrade the other components.
  5. B

    i7 920 x58 worth replacing?

    i7 920 3.8GHz still running great after 6 years 9GB RAM @ 1600 2x 500GB SSD running through pci-e slot cards USB3 via pci-e Nvidia 760 Newer PSU Why I am thinking about upgrading: Newer tech with lower power consumption. New USB standard New SATA standard I like to stay ahead in...
  6. B

    Original X58 Mobo (132-BL-E758-TR) would like to add USB 3.0 and SATA III

    Thanks for your responses thus far!
  7. B

    Original X58 Mobo (132-BL-E758-TR) would like to add USB 3.0 and SATA III

    I have the Original X58 Mobo (132-BL-E758-TR) would like to add USB 3.0 and SATA III. For USB 3.0, I would like to add the following: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E59W1G8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2QGX098CVHYJ7 Can I expect to get full USB 3.0 speed with that? I am...
Back
Top