• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Bakuku

  1. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I had this exact same issue with my first FW900. https://youtu.be/aTNyARo_bLE Is your error code: Amber (0.5 sec) and Off (0.5 sec) and Amber (0.25 sec) and Off (1.25 sec) ? If so, this indicates an HV-error (High Voltage).
  2. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Hi All, A while back I repaired a Broken FW900 (defective N-Board) and All was good in CRT land. But during a final testing I believe I reinserted one of the Flex cables in a bad angle or so and the Monitor Broke down, again! It ended up giving an error code indicating HV-Failure. 2 days ago...
  3. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Would you be willing to sell the Sunix?
  4. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    She lives! IC002 was the Culprit. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be an off the shelf part. Luckily I had a GDM-F500R which I had completely disassembled because the housing was extremely brittle/falling apart. It uses an earlier version of the N-board but with most major components the...
  5. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Update: I just swapped all the EEPROM chips from A to B and from B to A A=Working B=Defective --> A board with B-EEPROM no longer able to Dump EEPROM via Windas --> B board with A-EEPROM now able to Dump EEPROM via Windas ----> Conclusion: EEPROM is damaged ------> Next step: Figure out...
  6. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Is there any other way? I’m hoping its not the ROM, Also, Found a nice way to test outside of the Unit: Pin6 TXD Pin8 RXD Pin10 5V Pin13 GND
  7. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    I repaired (for now, until my replacement cable comes in) under a microscope by exposing the trace underneath the plastic by carefully scrapping away until the copper was exposed. I then inserted a Copper trace intended for trace repair cut to size. After which I soldered the 2 snapped halves to...
  8. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Double Checked the Cables and indeed one of them had a Damaged trace. I repaired the Trace but same issue. I did notice that as soon as I apply the 5V line over the TTL port for Windas, the Monitor Front LED turns off. From the Service Manual I gathered that the PIN is STBY+5V. —> There might...
  9. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Thats just the Ceramic Outershell thats brittled away. I’ve measured their Values, they are correct. But I did change them. So they are fine.
  10. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    The Flat Cables should be OK as when I plug in the Working N-Board the Monitor turns ON no Problem (Using the Same Flat Cables As a Precaution, I've just swapped out CON001, CON010 and CON011 from theF500R and I cleaned CN003 (Not Present on F500R N-Board) with a Small Drill-bit to remove any...
  11. B

    24" Widescreen CRT (FW900) From Ebay arrived,Comments.

    Hello, I have an issue with my FW900 N-Board. I recently acquired a Broken FW900 which I’m in the process of repairing. I’ve successfully repaired the G-board (Power) by replacing 2 Capacitors that were severely damaged. After doing so, the Unit would power on but the power indicator/Led...
  12. B

    Hello Sir, I was wondering if you had a Flyback replacement part for the GDM-FW900. If so...

    Hello Sir, I was wondering if you had a Flyback replacement part for the GDM-FW900. If so, I’d like to buy it from you. Please get back to me. Thank you
Back
Top