Recent content by BakeThemPie

  1. B

    Four Weeks of Galaxy Give-Aways!

    Entry please
  2. B

    Corsair Giveaway - Force Series™ GT 180GB Solid-State Hard Drive

    Everything I load takes so long. I usually start bf3, go get a sandwhich, do some laundry, and when I return wait a bit for it to finish loading.
  3. B

    Corsair Vengeance RAM Giveaway! 5 12GB Kits!

    Their gimmicks actually are effective pieces of technology.
  4. B

    quad question

    does vista have a 32 bit and 64 bit version? I have been sitting on a copy of it, but never bothered to install it, I probably need to scounge up a copy of 64 bit so I can speed up adobe.
  5. B

    Water cooling question

    Has anyone had any experience where they had to change the size (width/height, gage, which everway you look at it)? I have an old koolance system and I bought a motherboard with a built in NB waterblock. Some changers came with the mobo, but none of them are the right size (DOH!) The...
  6. B

    Sweet Laptop Mod

    it doesn't get much better than pink and pen scribbles.
  7. B

    quad question

    I hate asking dumb questions, but I just gota know, are the kentsfields 64 bit processors? I can't seem to find a clear answer on any website. I did look at intels website, and it kinda mentions something that would lead me to believe it is, but I'd like some confirmation from someone who knows.
  8. B

    iPod Touch 8GB VS iPod Classic 80GB

    The main advantage, as I see it, is the fact that the touch has web/wifi capabilities. The real question you have to ask yourself is, do I already have a computer in the places that I also have Wifi? Also, when I first got the touch I find myself wishing for buttons that I could find with...
  9. B

    Best calibrated monitor?

    What are the best high end LCD monitors for photographic work? I've definitely heard that Apple makes some really good ones, but I haven't really been able to confirm that. Does anyone know of some companies that specifically make monitors with high color fidelity?
  10. B

    just another dumb question

    I hate to ask a question I know has been asked a hundred times before, which is better, two sticks of 2 gigs or 4 sticks of 1 gig (all other things being equal, including price, dual channel)?
  11. B

    podcasts

    Could anyone suggest some free podcasts for illustrator, flash, dreamweaver, etc.? I know a ton for photoshop, those are easy to find. I've got two: www.indesignsecrets.com www.tv.adobe.com
  12. B

    The official "clean desktop" club.

    Hey, those are great.
  13. B

    quick questions, obvious answers

    so they are the same? Just different ways of rounding the numbers?
  14. B

    quick questions, obvious answers

    newegg lists two different types of speeds for ddr3 1333: "DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)" Is there a difference? I'm assuming no, but if someone could explain this one too me, I'm all [eyes]. One more, though I hate to ask a question I know has been asked a hundred...
Back
Top