• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by baijxz

  1. B

    Needing Bluetooth Mouse

    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=084 I didn't like the shape or the middle button which was way to hard to press. But its big and bluetooth.
  2. B

    tdp performance cost ratio: which processor?

    wow a lot of replies, thank you for your time :) I agree with the notion that TDP probably not is the most ideal solution for finding a power/performance ratio, but isn't that the only power usage specification given by the chipbuilders? -How much power does a typical motherboard eat at idle...
  3. B

    tdp performance cost ratio: which processor?

    Which is currently the best cpu when one wants a reasonable performance/cost and least heat? I've been browsing the TDP to Clock Speed Ratio (W/GHz) but since there is no performance/price data in there it isn't really useful. Btb. I'm weighing options for a decent performer for workstation...
  4. B

    20" for video/photo advice

    This I want to hear as well, looking for a 20' s-ips for graphic design work. Are there even any cheaper s-ips screens left?
  5. B

    stable socket 775 motherboard with good onboard audio?

    Excellent, thanks Danny I'll go the cheap route. I'll be crafting my very own sff case and I'm planning to make space for a huge hs,.
  6. B

    stable socket 775 motherboard with good onboard audio?

    The q6600 since it's the cheapest quad around OC: as much as I can with air cooling:ninja scythe or similar hs obviously my main objective is stable operation the OC potential is an added benefit Ballistix PC2-6400CL4 vs PC2-8500CL5 the price difference is around 50$ for 2x1GB But if clocks...
  7. B

    stable socket 775 motherboard with good onboard audio?

    hey thanks for the help ;) Gigabyte it is Sigmatel onboard is okay, I've yet to hear a realtek I like, yes I am an audiophile of sorts. Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 would that be fitting? I'll also be buying a 2600 XT and modding it to a firegl. I'm fed up with the 8800's misbehaving driver...
  8. B

    stable socket 775 motherboard with good onboard audio?

    alright external DAC it is then. I take it its the gigabyte G33 thats the preferable mATX board at the moment.?
  9. B

    stable socket 775 motherboard with good onboard audio?

    Hi I'm trying to piece together a sff system for 3d work and music listening. It has to be a socket 775 as that is currently the only choice for quad processors. It seems all the oc friendly motherboards use rather crappy sound chipsets. but this is exactly what I would like; oc firendly and...
  10. B

    SN21G5 not enough power? Playing games screen goes black

    very likely I'd say :) try a bigger psu and see if it blanks again
  11. B

    workstation board, -intel only solution?

    hey and thanks for the reply an inkpen mod is manageable I should think :) foxconn with c2d support isn't available in these parts afaik, would be interesting to know if they apply the same set of qualitystandards as intel. But that aside I've learned not to go cheap with the mobo, so I...
  12. B

    workstation board, -intel only solution?

    I need a mobo for a workstation running 3dsmax and adobe cs2. It needs to be stable, as I just cant stand losing work, or being interrupted by instability. I've had my eye on the intel boards, as my experience with them has been very good in older days, say BX chipset :) In this forum...
Back
Top