Recent content by Athan

  1. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Zotac support finally broke their silence on this issue. Hopefully they'll come with a BIOS fix. http://www.zotacusa.com/forum/topic/2452-h55-itx-pcie-issues/page__view__findpost__p__6270
  2. A

    Mini ITX H55/H57 question

    I tried a Highpoint RocketRAID 2300 controller on my Zotac's PCIe and worked. Unfortunately you have to forget resuming from S3 sleeping state when using any PCIe card. Initially Zotac said that is a known incompatibility with tv tuners but seems it affects most PCIe cards, including raid...
  3. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    After hearing a handful of user reports, I tried using a plain graphics card on Zotac's PCI-E slot (radeon 5450). Guess what! The same wake-from-S3 problem exists even when using a graphics card. That means it's not a TV-tuner incompatibility but a board/bios bug that affects PCI-E operation as...
  4. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    I know what you mean; really missed Zotac's onboard mini-pcie wlan. I honestly think this is the best feature of H55-ITX. :)
  5. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Zotac first production batch of H55-ITX has a confirmed hardware defect (yep, another one) that prevents turbo boost from functioning, so unless you get an updated revision of the board you probably will forget this i7-750 feature. Unfortunately nobody knows what revision numbers these are and...
  6. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    And the story goes on.... Seeing all these TV cards working on my friend's Zotac, I decided to order one too, same bunch, same retailer and close S/N. Well, it actually worked with my Hauppauge cards but the surprise came when I tried to wake up system from S3 sleeping mode. Guess what; It...
  7. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Here it is. Anybody can compare this with his H55ITX? I confirm that this specific board, loaded with the latest bios, works fine with any of these tv tuners: Hauppauge HVR-2200, HVR-1700MC and BlackGold BGT3510. All these cards were detected by Windows 7 - (64bit) and worked with no issues...
  8. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Did Zotac release a new revision of their board? Two days ago, one of my colleagues got a H55ITX and he was able to use it with a Hauppauge HVR-2200 tuner. I've seen that combination working with my own eyes. :confused: Board was ordered from Kustompcs in UK and came loaded with the latest BIOS...
  9. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Same time their forum mods have deleted most negative user posts, including their own comments regarding this and turbo boost issues; typical Zotac reaction... :rolleyes:
  10. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    I'm pretty sure the answer is "No", Miguel. I don't see how they could fix this using firmware alone. I guess they will release an updated revision of their board soon, same they did with their defective IONITX last year (yeah I RMAd two of them). But I will not make the same mistake a third...
  11. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Just got what you meant, Miguel. :) However, both EVGA's or Zotac's x16 slot problem is due to a bad design choice, not some chipset architecture limitation. As I said before, Intel's own mini-ITX DH57JG board uses the same chipset but works like a charm with either GPU or non-GPU cards...
  12. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Sorry Miguel, but what limitation are you referring to? :confused: I've built two H57 systems so far and none of them suffer from Zotac's issues. Speaking specifically about mini-ITX H5x boards, Intel DH57JG works just fine with PCI-E X1 TV tuners; i5 turbo boost works too. Also, I didn't...
  13. A

    H55 / H57 mITX boards: post them here

    Turbo Boost doesn't seem to be the only problem of Zotac H55ITX. Due some design fault the PCI-E slot only supports graphics cards and cannot be used with TV tuners or any other non-video hardware. :( I canceled my pre-ordered Zotac and going to buy an Intel DH57JG instead.
Back
Top