Recent content by ashp

  1. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    I know it's bad form to double post but I just wanted to say that I switched calibration to CFFL and web design and it looks drastically better. Everything looks exactly how I think it should now, which is ideal. :) I wish I had bought a calibrator earlier. For anyone sitting on the fence -...
  2. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Calibration made a massive difference! I was playing with basiccolor 5 and I really like it, think I'll buy it. I used the "softproof" option as I had no idea what I'm doing and let it churn away. When it started it let me choose my LCD type. I left it to generic but the options are...
  3. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Pretty much everything matched - the wuxi2 seemed to have less stuff I could tweak than the wuxi. Glad I bit the bullet on the calibrator considering that I couldn't tweak anything!
  4. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    I did not try the advanced menu (or know about it!) I guess I have some reading to do. My calibrator should be in the mail by now so it's not so bad either way. :)
  5. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    I also posted in the spectraview alternative thread but it probably belongs here too. I can tell I am just going to have to bite the bullet and calibrate. Which is the best calibrator for $250 and under? My choices seem to be: Spyder4Pro SpectraSensor Pro Color Calibration Sensor ColorMunki...
  6. A

    Spectraview II alternative software?

    I could really do with some advice - if I use basICColor display 5 which would be best for calibrating 2 2490WUXis (and hypothetically other monitors, randomly, in the future, like my cinema display at work). Spyder4Pro SpectraSensor Pro Color Calibration Sensor ColorMunki Display I am trying...
  7. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    I have a worse story - my 2490wuxi2 refurb has a crack in the top left snap on bezel bit around the screen (it was partially knocked off, pushed it back into place). Of way more concern is that the two screens look NOTHING alike in terms of color. I am wondering if it's possible to read the...
  8. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    As I don't own any of those would it make sense to just buy the pack on their site? http://www.necdisplay.com/p/SVII-PRO-KIT would be the thing. It's more than I want to spend, but I assume there are significant advantages to writing right to the monitor rather than relying on the videocard/OS...
  9. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never done this before. I assume I want to calibrate it in hardware and I see on NEC's site they have SpectraView II. Can other calibrators write to the monitor directly in the same way that spectraview can? I'm baffled by the whole field of color...
  10. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Earlier today I broke down and ordered a 2490wuxi2 to sit next to my 2490wuxi, instead of this 19" gateway TN panel I've been using for a second monitor. Ignoring the difference in quality (couldn't get a good price on a 2490wuxi refurb), I realize that calibrating them is going to be difficult...
  11. A

    NEC 2490WUXI2 Performance

    I'll let you know! I have a refurbished 2490WUXi and it's perfect. I just snapped up a 2490WUXi2 from that site because it had an additional 25% off. With shipping and tax it came to $320 for a WUXI2 which is FANTASTIC. I am so excited. Two of them is going to be so amazing.
  12. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Funnily enough within about five minutes of posting I had crept it down to 150, then 75.. then 35 or so.. Within about fifteen minutes I was on 0 brightness!
  13. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Well, I finally received my monitor. It seems to be in perfect condition, I cannot say enough nice words about this monitor. WOW. I have one question, what is a "lowbright" mode. I set autolum to 1 and it set my brightness to 225cd/m2 which seems a bit bright to me but it is nighttime and...
  14. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    Thanks! I'll set it to those settings the minute it arrives. :)
  15. A

    NEC 2490WUXi - The Full Story

    I'm just posting to share my delight that I've ordered one of these monitors (refurbished) and now I cannot WAIT for it to arrive. Sadly I lack a hardware calibrator and I don't really want to spend another $200-300 for the software/calibrator so I'm out of luck on that score, but hopefully...
Back
Top