Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Thanks for the mobo suggestions. A few questions, though..
I noticed that two of the mobos you linked are Micro ATX rather than full-size ATX. Does this affect anything, aside from them having fewer PCI slots?
Also, how is EVGA's reputation for mobos? I've only ever dealt with their...
I've been through the manual for the mobo pretty thoroughly, and it's not very helpful. The only LED it has is called the "Phase LED" which is apparently supposed to display the load on the CPU; there are four lights, and the more lights that come on, the higher the load on the CPU. Turning...
Just tested it on a working CRT, and same situation.
I've let it run for >30 seconds a few times, though not in every configuration I've tested it in. Should I redo some tests and give it more time?
I haven't heard any sounds coming from the board. I don't know if that's because it...
Just got back from Best Buy with some spare parts and cables. The situation is the same when using VGA as with DVI. Going to try it on an older monitor in a bit, will report back. Thanks for all the help so far.
When inserting the CPU, I lined up the arrows, and just kind of let it fall...
Yeah, once I get the computer working I'm planning to fix the wiring, but at the moment I'm constantly moving stuff around, and I may have to RMA something, so it hasn't been worth it to spend time on cable management.
I built it barebones, outside the case on top of the mobo box, and the...
The only camera I have with my is on my phone, unfortunately, so the quality is terrible. Better than nothing, though...what exactly do you need a photo of?
Just re-jiggered some stuff, and still no go. Currently has everything but the SSD plugged into both the PSU and the Mobo, and its the same situation as before. Double-checked all my connections as well.
Oddly, though, the monitor does seem to recognize a difference between when the...
Yes, I used thermal paste. It currently doesn't have either hard drive hooked into the mobo or power supply, although I've only tried it as all-or-nothing, never with just the traditional hard drive. I've tried both with and without the keyboard. I'm not sure how to adjust the voltage on the...
Thanks for the help picking parts. Everything arrived, and I put it together today. I'm having some trouble getting to to boot, however. All the relevant hardware is the same as Gwarren's post...with the EA650 rather than the EA430 for the PSU.
Everything appears to turn on fine; all the...
I'd be spending more than I originally budgeted for the computer if I bought one, but I have the money if it's going to make a truly noticeable difference in the computer's performance.
I was looking at this 80GB Intel X25-M. Is this a good choice...
My Dell died today, and I'm officially done with premades. Looking to build a computer for both moderate gaming (mostly WoW right now, but I play the occasional new release, and I like eye candy) and general household use. Budget is flexible, but preferably in the $1000 range.
I'm pretty...