• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by Armedblade

  1. A

    EVGA P55 Lineup Preview, Power of 3 vs. Dragon

    I think it would apply to using a second 8800GT or better video card for dedicated physx processing.
  2. A

    Best LDC for gaming?

    That NEC is good monitor for 4:3 I dont intend my comments to be a complete guide, but in my opinion what "ends" everything is personal preference. Some of the things to consider, you may not have even thought about before. If you had seen certain things discussed in a review, if you haven't...
  3. A

    New NEC 20WMGX2!!! (Pics inside 56K)

    Would anyone mind measuring just the panel viewable dimensions (W x H) ? I know its an odd question, but I have the 22" wide panel size fresh on my mind yet no 20.1 visual to compare it with =). Also, I want to get an idea of the screen area versus the 16" W x 12" H tube area of my (21" rated...
  4. A

    Anyone try the new 22" dell LCD?

    Thing is, will the 22" wides always be the same 1680x1060 native resolution? As far as I could tell the pixel pitch is what covers the extra landscape. Its the only logical explanation unless I am missing something here. I'd think a 20 wide would tend to produce the overall sharper image in...
  5. A

    New NEC 20WMGX2!!! (Pics inside 56K)

    Mathesar, Well I'm thinking my complaint had been more afterglow than motion blur. I dont know if it was you but I did see someone post side by side pics of the FW900 and NEC at night with the stars screen saver and demonstrating the luminance. My NEC FP2141SB and Panasonic CT30WX54 CRT's...
  6. A

    Samsung SyncMaster 225BW 22"

    Personally, I cut two squares out of a cotton t-shirt and dampen one, wring it out entirely, and use the other square to make sure its completely dry when your done. A gentle hand with a cotton tee wont cause you any troubles. Some perfer to use distilled water although I haven't found this...
  7. A

    Looking for a 21" lcd monitor with component

    Gateway seems good about listing specs on the site which is uncommon. S-PVA. I'd say for the money its a good deal however I'm leaning towards the AS-IPS panel which threatens to put a dent in my wallet. EDIT: the S-PVA i mentioned is in the FPD2185W. For the 22" inchers most should be the...
  8. A

    Brightness rating on LCDS

    I would just read reviews on the monitor and make sure it fits your bill. See if brightness has been an listed issue. Any LCD I've touched, I've had to turn the brightness down so I'm betting you could shift your focus on many other considerations if you haven't already.
  9. A

    Looking for a 21" lcd monitor with component

    Ill chime in on this. The price mentioned fits the 22" Gateway FP2275W which uses a 5ms TN panel. The FPD2185W 21 would be the better choice in my opinion because of the viewing angles. Some people say the viewing angles are not that big of deal, but we all have our opinions. I'd be curious...
  10. A

    New NEC 20WMGX2!!! (Pics inside 56K)

    I believe I will be picking one of these up. I just went through 2 Gateway FPD2275W's and a Samsung 225BW and while they both are great deals for the money my main problem has been what I can best describe as viewing the "frost" effect that the anti-glare coating creates. This same effect...
  11. A

    New NEC 20WMGX2!!! (Pics inside 56K)

    double post..
Back
Top