Recent content by Arasirsul

  1. A

    27" iMac displayport Input

    I wish I knew. The version of the card that does work is $100 more, and I'll be lucky if I only lose about $50 re-selling my 5870 non-Eyefinity-6 model-- while I'm happy I got something that works, I'm kinda unhappy that I'm the one who had to do the testing to find out the original card didn't...
  2. A

    27" iMac displayport Input

    I talk to myself all the time. Anyhow, I finally found myself in a position where I could indeed gamble the $500 on it being fixed. (Plus, there was a return policy if I was wrong...) It is. The ATI 5870 "Eyefinity 6" model works just fine using a 27" iMac's DisplayPort input.
  3. A

    27" iMac displayport Input

    Ayep. No dice with the three-headed 5870. EDIT: And the SMC update that showed up this morning in Software Update that claimed to sort out some DisplayPort compatibility issues didn't fix the problem, either. It did, however, make it so the iMac recovers much more easily from said...
  4. A

    27" iMac displayport Input

    From what I have read, I don't believe it is, either. Basically, what it looks like is ATI goofed and released the 5800s and 5700s with not-quite-to-spec DisplayPort ports, and then fixed the problem for the 5970-- which is why I'm wondering if the 5870 Eyefinity 6 now works, did they fix it as...
  5. A

    27" iMac displayport Input

    It does not appear to be the case. I pludged mine, and attempted to connect the iMac to my 5870, and got the same failure mode that I got pre-pludge.
  6. A

    27" iMac displayport Input

    My understanding is, in terms of what works with the 27" iMac: 1) Radeon 5800s and 5700s do not. 2) Radeon 5900s do. 3) Radeon 4000 series cards also work. Now that the Eyefinity6 version of the 5870 is shipping, it gets me to wondering: Since it has MiniDisplayPorts (like the 5900), did...
Back
Top