Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Don't know if it's the same that I was experiencing while booting my Mac Pro but you may want to boot your G4 with your OSX disc in it while holding down the C button. This should force your G4 to boot up to the CD. I find that when I get the out of sync behaviour from this display, I get the...
Yeah. I'll keep trying to reproduce it. If I recall correctly, I sat down and watched Gangs of New York DVD on the S-Video port and when the movie was over I switched to DVI and woke up my Mac. That's when it locked up completely. I'll try and replicate it sometime later this week. I'll sit...
I've hard-reset my Mac Pro the time that the screen has locked up and that didn't help. I've taken the following steps:
The 2 or 3 times that it first did this I:
1. Unplugged the monitor and plugged it back after about a minute. The result was that the monitor started up just fine...
I called Gateway Support to report the problem where the monitor will lock up after the PC goes into Sleep (Standby) mode. Some of you may have had this problem as well. It's where the monitor does not wake from sleep and becomes completely unresponsive. The only sign of life is the blue...
The Likes way outnumber the Hates in this Gateway. They did a pretty good job with the PIP too. I work from home. My setup is as follows:
DVI: Mac Pro
VGA: IBM T43 laptop (work)
HDMI: Direct TV HD (Kick Ass BTW)
Component: Empty for now
S-Video...
I gave this Display another chance today and plugged it in to find that it works just fine. I wonder why this happens? I basically did this in order to avoid a re-stocking fee from Micro Center had I returned it to them today and this display worked without a flaw. 10% would've been $170.00...
Damn! I answered my own question of whether I should return this LCD or not. One annoying thing that did happen every so often was that the monitor would not awake from when the PC went on sleep mode. My only solution so far in the past has been to unplug and wait a minute or so for something...
So I don't get this whole blackout issue. My display is so far, pretty much perfect. No dead pixels. Works great in just about every resolution. Not much clouding going on except on the top left and right corners. Only thing is this blackout thing I read here. I notice this happens...