• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by apb1215

  1. A

    BSOD possibly related to HDD failure?

    UPDATE: I have removed all my OC settings. I ran Memtest86 and was getting some bad memory results. After removing my OC on my memory, CPU and GPU (which had been rock stable for almost a year), things seem stable. But I do still think that HDD is dying.
  2. A

    BSOD possibly related to HDD failure?

    UPDATE: Another BSOD while just browsing the web. Again this is with the possibly defective HDD removed. Minimal disk requests of any kind were being taken. BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x89BE7440, 0x89BE74D8, 0x0A13004)
  3. A

    BSOD possibly related to HDD failure?

    I'm running XP Pro SP3. My rig setup is a C2D, 4 GB RAM, ATI 3850, a 74 GB Raptor and a 500 GB Western Digital. Everything is cooled superbly, never seen a temp above 40 C. I do run a light OC (E4600 2.4 -> 3.0) I can't remember the last time I've installed new hardware or software. Out of...
  4. A

    Large upright tower-style VGA coolers?

    lol impressive I guess I could also just stop by Home Depot and pick up an industrial fan and bolt it to my side panel :p
  5. A

    Large upright tower-style VGA coolers?

    I am currently only utilizing the PCI-x slot on my full size ATX motherboard in my mid tower case, for my VGA card. It has a reverse-side VNF100 Zalman heatsink strapped to it with a fan blowing down into the heatsink. The setup is decent, but kind of cramped, and it seems ridiculous that there...
  6. A

    MS Office Installation Permissions errors

    I've been having a hell of a time ever since I decided to reinstall MS Office 2007 Enterprise, which I decided to do after all my Office documents randomly changed over to the "unknown file" icon and refused to change back. Basically a traditional uninstall could not be done, and I had to...
  7. A

    3850 overheating during WoW with passive cooling

    Well, I went ahead and rigged up an 80mm fan on top of the heatsink, blowing into it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do much accurate testing last night as the heat went out in my house. :( On the upside, my CPU temps hit 5C, and GPU idled at 30C! lol But I was wondering, with this unique...
  8. A

    3850 overheating during WoW with passive cooling

    I am using the VNF100 as is to cool my Sapphire 3850, no additional fans attached. I have a Thermaltake Big Typhoon cooling the CPU. In addition, I have repositioned my intake fan slightly higher on the front of my case, so it blows more directly over the video card (as well as the also...
  9. A

    Repartitioning Nightmare

    FYI Here is what TestDisk is showing as my Partition Table: Partition Start End Size in Sectors 1 * HPFS - NTFS 0 1 1 6681 254 63 107346267 [Boot] 2 E extended LBA 6682 0 1 60800 254 63 869421735 5 L HPFS - NTFS 6682 1 8 60800 254 63...
  10. A

    Repartitioning Nightmare

    TestDisk was able to locate the partition! I did a rewrite of the partition table, and I am actually seeing the partition returned to My Computer. Only one problem. When I try to open it, I get "D:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." Then when I look at...
  11. A

    Repartitioning Nightmare

    XP Pro x86
  12. A

    Repartitioning Nightmare

    I bought a second HDD to act as my media drive. As a bonus, this was going to allow me to delete the multiple partitions I kept on my single drive for boot and media, which I have always hated having. I am using Symantec PartitionMagic 8.0. After formatting the new drive, I copied all the...
  13. A

    Can someone explain AT&T's iphone plans to me

    If you have an unlimited data plan, you can send emails to people's SMS addresses (which for AT&T I think is phonenumber@txt.att.net) and skip the SMS package. It's probably more convenient to have SMS capabilities, but it's a good idea if you're looking to save a few bucks.
  14. A

    Suggests on an upgrade for my PC

    That's really low voltage on the CPU and you already have a pretty decent HSF. My E4600, which is stock at 2.4GHz, was at 3.0GHz with 1.376V when I had the exact same AC Freezer. I would try simply upping the voltage a bit with your current setup first and then going from there.
  15. A

    Most comfortable mouse you ever had?

    Really glad to see all the MX518 love, I thought that people might have moved on and that I might be the only one :p I actually owned an MX1000 for awhile too but I hated it. It's so heavy! It's like moving a paperweight around your desk.
Back
Top