Recent content by Apacer

  1. A

    CPU for database server?

    Thank you for replay. I plan to use local SAS 6Gbps 15K disk (RAID 1) for OS. Oracle database home, datafiles, redo, archivelogs to be on disk presented from EMC VNX storage. Do you think it is better to use SSD disks for OS instead of SAS? Do you think I will get better database performance...
  2. A

    CPU for database server?

    Hi to all, I need your help urgently. We had to choose a server for database server with one of these two processors: Intel Xeon E5-2643 ============ #core: 4, #Threads: 8, Clock Speed: 3.3GHz, Max Turbo: 3.5GHz, Cache: 10MB, System Bus: 8GT/s, DDR3-max 1600, Memory Bandwidth: 51.2GB/s...
  3. A

    CPU (six core) for db server

    Hi to all, We want to buy new Oracle database server (any brand name HP, DELL, IBM) with six core Intel processor and min 32GB memory. Can you suggest a good processor? What you think about Intel Xeon X5690 or Intel Xeon E5-2667? Which you think is better? Thanks in...
Back
Top