Recent content by aoaaron

  1. A

    Upgrading from a Samsung T220HD Monitor or TV for primarily watching Movies

    right now my only option for a 27''+ display which I've found is the dell U27 for £505 with speakers (20% and 15% off). this is a good deal for me I'm guessing given the screen's good reviews. However, I've been told for my uses a TV might be better. I'm using right now a Samsung T220HD. I'm...
  2. A

    New Monitor - Dell U2401 (or the 2711?) or.. ?

    Well right now I have a Samsung Syncmaster T220HD so I'm looking for an upgrade from that... Is that a monitor or a TV? I think a TV? How did you get so much discount on the Dell :O. If I could get it for 505, I'd definitely snap for it. Also, any recommendations please guys? Preferably IPS...
  3. A

    New Monitor - Dell U2401 (or the 2711?) or.. ?

    okay well the main function will be watching movies via HDMI... occasionally hooking up to MBP to do work... some people are saying TV.. what would u guys recommend? (links plz?)
  4. A

    Monitor for Watching Movies on (IPS?)

    After watching a DVD-Rip of the social network,I realised black bars these days are a real bitch which has re-thought my setup process... I now think I need a new monitor to watch movies on because messing around with aspect ratios etc. takes a pretty long time.. I have a monitor which is like...
  5. A

    New Monitor - Dell U2401 (or the 2711?) or.. ?

    okay maybe 2M away... the U2711 = 580 the U2410 = 450 Are there any other monitors available? (or TVs)... i still don't understand why monitor > TV edit: also... do is it smart to buy the discounted U2711 now or is there a new model around the corner I should be waiting for?
  6. A

    New Monitor - Dell U2401 (or the 2711?) or.. ?

    Hey, I'm after a nice new monitor. I was interested in the Apple LCD but the glossiness and the fact its not versatile is a big no-no. The monitor will be used for (in priority order) 1) Watching HD content: Movies, TV Shows from a HTPC through HDMI 2) XBOX 360 3) Occasional hookup to my MBP to...
Back
Top