Recent content by antihero12

  1. A

    Which 4k monitor to choose?

    IPS panels of course have brighter blacks than VA ones, but claiming this affects readability of text on IPS displays seems like a controversial opinion to me
  2. A

    Which 4k monitor to choose?

    More contrast being better for reading came up a few times in this thread and that puzzles me a bit. Always thought that too much contrast between text and background color tires the eyes. EIZO have a "paper mode" that's supposed to be easier on the eyes - it gives the display a yellowish tint...
  3. A

    Best VR/HMD?

    Oculus DK2 owner here I can understand your logic, but once you try a vr headset for a while, I think you'll change your mind about using it as a monitor without any tracking. I haven't really tried that, but I think it will be very uncomfortable and straining. Even though I don't share the...
  4. A

    eizo cs230

    About the effect of the polarizer - I got an eizo cx271 a few days ago and the magenta/green tints on black regions seemed so wrong (visible even when a weak ceiling light is on in the room) that I thought it's defective and I have to return it. My ev2736 next to it has visibly darker blacks and...
Back
Top