• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Anomili

  1. A

    [H] Community Tech Support

    "Note to self: When throwing boyfriend's computer out of window remember to disconnect from TV."
  2. A

    Old Asus 7600GS

    Thanks for all the advice everyone. The problem I have with the stock heatsink is that I am afraid to rag on it. I have pretty good case airflow (5x 80 mm fans [one directly blowing from side panel onto side of heatsink] and one 120 mm fan) and all my cables are out of the way, but I am still...
  3. A

    Old Asus 7600GS

    k, any good options out there now or should I wait a couple of months for something new to come out? Edit: CPU = AMD 5200+ 2.61Ghz RAM = 2gb ddr2 400 MOBO = Asus M2N-E (POS) I can't afford a whole new computer. If I get a card it will need to be on a budget. Under 400 for sure.
  4. A

    Old Asus 7600GS

    I have a fanless 7600gs that I bought in a pinch when my old motherboard died and I needed a quick replacement on the cheap (which included a non-AGP vid card). Recently, however, I have realized that the 7600 gs is only marginally better than my old x800 pro when it comes to running games such...
  5. A

    My eyes are burning !!

    My friend has this problem... remember to blink once in a while
  6. A

    Asus D2 / D2X

    Woohoo thread resurrection... I recently found this card on the asus website and I have to say I am impressed. I did some searching and found this review comparing it to the X-Fi. http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/preludeandxonarsoundcards/index.php Any thoughts in light of this...
  7. A

    Hows your experience with Asus Motherboards?

    One trend I seem to have picked up (and I could be wrong) is that people who have had good experiences have been dealing with some of the higher end boards. My ~4 year old A8V Deluxe never gave me a single problem (I would consider it high end for its time). However, now that I am on a budget...
  8. A

    Hows your experience with Asus Motherboards?

    It was most likely the X-FI card itself, but mine ALWAYS had issues. Was buggy as hell and the front faceplate never worked (in two years of trouble shooting I might add). Edit: I was running a 3800+ (939). My new cpu is 5200+ (AM2) and has yet to give me major problems yet with this Asus board.
  9. A

    Hows your experience with Asus Motherboards?

    My A8V deluxe was sweet. I broke it. Now I am using a M2N-E which is ok (it tends to randomly turn itself on for no apparent reason, but it is stable when it is on.) I did pick up another asus board before this one though that insisted on throttling my cpu whenever it reached 45 degrees. (Thank...
  10. A

    Socket 939 Upgrade or Dump?

    I recently destroyed my Asus A8V deluxe after many years of faithful service. Earlier this week I picked up a 939 pin mobo (some shitty asus one that was the only one I could find) and it throttled my cpu whenever it hit 45 degrees celcius. Fed up with the inability to find anything good 939...
  11. A

    X-FI Platinum: Horror Story

    Yep, I can, in fact, confirm that 100%: Do not put a floppy connector to the card itself. Like I said, it appeared to work according to one very limited source and I was desperate enough to throw caution to the wind. Worst-cast scenario ensued.
  12. A

    X-FI Platinum: Horror Story

    I guess I forgot one important piece to the puzzle. There were two floppy drive power type connectors: one on the card itself and another on the i/o drive. After booting with floppy power connected to BOTH the system destabilized and preceded to not post. After much testing it was discovered...
  13. A

    X-FI Platinum: Horror Story

    I am going to keep this short and sweet because I really don't want to have to relive this trauma again. (Cliffs on bottom) Got a Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum for Christmas two years ago. I was stoked. Right from the get go, however, the I/O front face plate never worked. The card...
  14. A

    Repairing And/Or Replacing A Power Switch

    http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?type=store&category=700325&orderby=INVENTORY%2Estore%5Fquantity%2CORGANIZATION%2Ecategory%2CINVENTORY%2Ebrand%2CINVENTORY%2Emodel&start=16
  15. A

    Perfect case for aircooling

    I don't know if this will win the popular choice award, but it is the case I will be going with. After much research I decided on the Coolermaster RC690: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137 I like that it has room for 7x140mm fans if you are crazy. Especially...
Back
Top