• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by Animositisomina

  1. A

    Unsure if CX750M is compatible with my mobo

    I ended up purchasing an EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 650W PSU. I gotta say, I love these modular power supplies. Made installation a breeze. It's super quiet too, which is nice. Glad I went with this one.
  2. A

    Unsure if CX750M is compatible with my mobo

    I actually just finished reading that before coming back to this thread. I do believe I'll avoid this PSU and look for something else. Any suggestions for one that's about $90 or less? Thanks for the info about the 8-pin connector, by the way. My first time replacing a PSU so I wasn't sure how...
  3. A

    Unsure if CX750M is compatible with my mobo

    The PSU died in my other computer, so I'm looking to get a new one. I was looking at the CX750M from Corsair but I'm not entirely sure it's compatible. From what I've read, that PSU uses an 8-pin CPU connector, however my motherboard (Asus P5N-e SLI) uses a 4-pin connector. Would I still be...
  4. A

    Very low fps?

    Maybe he meant to type 20fps?
  5. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    From what others have said, this particular card will run the fans at 100% until you install the drivers for it. Not sure how accurate that is, but I suppose we'll know for sure once I try installing it again. If it really is dead though I'll just ship it back to NewEgg for a replacement.
  6. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    Yeah, I've had this system since around 2010, maybe late 2009. It's definitely starting to show its age. I'd like to keep it for another year or so, but I have a feeling after that it'll be time to put it out to pasture. It's served me well all this time but any new upgrades from here on out are...
  7. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    Alright, I think I'm going to try installing the 6970 one last time. Since I've been finding so many conflicting answers elsewhere, what process do you guys recommend when switching from nVidia to AMD? Some people say remove any and all traces of old drivers, some say just uninstall via Control...
  8. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    I don't use the SLI feature, I just run a single gpu. The mobo has x8 for SLI.
  9. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    Not sure if you mean card or retailer here, but either way mine is from NewEgg and it's a PowerColor. Didn't get it from Asus and it isn't an Asus re-brand. I've RMA'd stuff through NewEgg a few times over the years, never had a problem with 'em.
  10. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    Hey now, I might not have as much experience as some of you, but I'm no rookie, either. :p Been working with PCs for about 12 years now. This just happened to be a bit of a puzzler. And I have plenty of experience with driver cleaners. I've been using DriverCleaner.net for many years, never had...
  11. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    Good news! I decided to do a System Restore and went back a few days to before I used "DDU" (Display Driver Uninstaller) and this guide to clean out all traces of nVidia. Once I did that, I ran a Windows Update and let it install the latest drivers for my GTX 460. To my amazement, this worked...
  12. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    A bit of luck finally: I found an old 9600GT video card laying around that I can use to test my PCIe slots with. I'll post again later with any results.
  13. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    No, I only have the ones currently in use. Would those help make more room near the secondary PCIe slot?
  14. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    Hmm. Even my old GTX 460 is giving me the black screen though now, not just the new 6970. Seems unlikely both cards are bad. I'll try resetting the cmos... it's one of the few things I haven't done so far, and at this point I'm willing to try just about anything.
  15. A

    Can't figure out problem with new GPU

    Alright. I moved the sound card down a slot and tried to put the 460 into the other PCIe slot. Unfortunately, it won't fit there because of these two red cables that get in the way. One goes to my HDD, the other to my CD-Rom. However, while moving things around, I noticed there's quite a bit of...
Back
Top