• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recent content by AnalogOzerik

  1. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    The scammer has listings all over the country, many of them just copy-paste of, like, a $1,000 watch. The return address on the label isn't a fancy neighborhood. I StreetViewed it. I tried to get the scammer to engage with me in a real way, but they wouldn't let the charade go. I can imagine a...
  2. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    Nope, commenting requires 100 posts. Messaging, yes, and I've done that a few times over the last few years, and it has always been perfect.
  3. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    That will work with my power supply! It's got the required 12V connectors. And nope, 100 posts required for posting in the FS forum. This will be number 43.
  4. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    It's an EVGA 600 watt power supply, and I think it's newer than the video card. noko That 5700 XT could effectively hold me over. Lemme check the FS forum real quick
  5. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    It's the FS forum for me from now on. "Dalivery Date" indeed
  6. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    It was a SCAM :( I foolishly sent $ with Zelle, but the scammer kept trying to milk me for more, saying it hadn't been delivered. The funniest moment was when they sent a shipping label with three different fonts, and "Delivery date" spelled wrong. Soooooo I'm back in the market. $200 poorer...
  7. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    Everybody, this advice rules, thank you so much! I've bought the 6800XT THANKS!!!
  8. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    Michigan!!! Grand Rapids, equidistant from Detroit and Chicago, so I get to catch shows in each place a couple times per year. And do Knobcon (synthesizer convention) in Schaumberg. If the guy will mail it, I'll snag it (unless you beat me to it LOL)
  9. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    Hmmmmmm there's a $200 6800XT across the lake from me, might be the same card :D
  10. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    Not prebuilt, and the power supply isn't something I'm too worried about -- I choose reliably good power supplies with amps to spare. And YET I have had them fail. This computer should be able to handle an inefficient GPU
  11. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    Oh, and thanks :D (one more post closer!!!!!)
  12. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    I bet I could snag one from there, but while I've been on the forums since like 2002, my post count zeroed back whenever that happened to everybody and I don't have enough posts to be allowed to post on the FS forum LOL I should get a mod to fix that :P
  13. A

    Best upgrade from GTX 1070 in a 14th gen i3 desktop?

    My family computer is the mentioned-in-title 14xxx i3, and the GTX 1070 is starting to crash from time to time. I could just buy a replacement, but Everybody Needs More GPU, so what's a good upgrade? My budget is about $200
  14. A

    What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

    I work 3rd shift in a residential facility for at-risk youth. This building dates from the '60s, and this exact room was a "quiet room" where they would tackle kids and toss them in here to scream and holler while staff would take their smoke breaks and check on them once per hour. Straight...
  15. A

    What Mouse and Keyboard Are You Using Right Now?

    Logitech MX Keys Wireless -- I adore these low-travel scissor keyswitches. Logitech G502 Hero wired, the ISO standard gaming mouse, right?? This is my Secret Workstation, it's where I design and build Eurorack synth modules, and also watch videos and do work-related nonsense on 3rd shift...
Back
Top