Recent content by amombour

  1. A

    Petition for Spaceman

    blah that sucks. He was the poster who helped me the most. Hoping spaceman comes back ...
  2. A

    Best 2.1/2.0 system for under $200? Music is the most important use.

    Is axemusic.com a reliable site to deal with? They've got a great selection of Active Monitors that's hard to find in Canada, with free shipping on $200 orders. This might be what I've been looking for.
  3. A

    Best 2.1/2.0 system for under $200? Music is the most important use.

    supapuffy, can you give us an idea of total shipping/customs costs to ship to Canada from theaudioinsider.com? Would appreciate it.
  4. A

    Improvements with CMoy?

    well I only have RX-900, so I'd rather not spend more than $50-$100. I don't know if that's possible. I might spend more to future proof the amp tho, since I'll eventually upgrade my headphones.
  5. A

    Improvements with CMoy?

    Nevermind, I found another post by you in the RX-700 thread: Can you suggest a good value headphone amp to buy? I don't think I could make a DIY. Thanks
  6. A

    Improvements with CMoy?

    similar question, sorry to thread jack: itsukisama, I have an RX-900 coming in the mail. Can you give me an idea of what kind of improvement it would get with a headphone amp? (nothing expensive) I have Win XP and an X-Fi XtremeGamer (stock) Thanks!
  7. A

    I hate creative

    I've got a similar problem, didn't realize I could only get 2.1 or Dolby Digital over SPDIF. This may be an option from Creative, but I don't know if I trust them. Lots of complaints, but that's Creative for you: Dolby Digital Live It's only 5 bucks so I may try it out some day.
  8. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    I think I answered my own question. It doesn't look like that HTIB doesn't come with it's own receiver, so I assume I'd have to buy a separate one. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for in a 5.1 receiver in the low end ($200) price range to use with my computer? I know...
  9. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    If I can't salvage the old 5.1 system, or I just want to replace it all, can a HTIB connect directly to my XtremeGamer sound card, or do I still need a receiver? I was looking at this HTIB: FS: Polk Audio RM10FS Mfr's site specs Says the sub has: Subwoofer has stereo line level...
  10. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    I"ve read from quite a few places that the optical out on the XtremeGamer either puts out 2.1, or pass through of DTS. and Which means, as far as I know, no EAX using optical out. The only way I've heard to get 5.1 EAX across the optical out is to download DDL. This converts all PC...
  11. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    Speaking of running optical to the receiver, the XtremeGamer (non-pro) only puts out 2.1 from it's optical out port. So I'd need to hook up analog from my sound card to receiver to get 5.1 in that case I assume? Can I also hook it up to optical out just for when using headphones, or does...
  12. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    off-topic question but: Will HA-RX900 (plan to get soon) headphones sound better plugged into such a receiver, or directly into my XtremeGamer soundcard? Thanks
  13. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    That sub looks like a sweet deal - I'm going to see if they'll ship to Canada. I don't have any experience with receivers - do you know any particular Onkyo / Pioneer 5.1 models I should look for (budget is around $200-250 if possible) Thanks for the help.
  14. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    It's certainly a tempting solution. I'm just wondering if an amp + sub for the same price could be turned into an even better system down the road when I replace my satellite speakers.
  15. A

    Need to salvage my 5.1 speaker setup

    Hi all, been reading here a lot the last few weeks which has prompted me to upgrade my speakers. I have a Spherex 5.1 speaker set that has a common hissing sound problem. But it's mostly a problem with the sub/amp, because when I plug in my Spherex satelites into my Logitech G51 sub/amp...
Back
Top