• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recent content by alteredform

  1. A

    Computer Build: How does my choice of video card affect Photoshop/Lightroom?

    I am trying to keep my build under the $1500 range, which I think is "doable". The monitor prices will be the key....
  2. A

    Computer Build: How does my choice of video card affect Photoshop/Lightroom?

    I heard this mentioned, but I came here for clarification. I just don't want to wast dollars in an unnecessary manner. That money, could be used to enhance some other aspect of my build - like an additional monitor :)
  3. A

    Computer Build: How does my choice of video card affect Photoshop/Lightroom?

    If I were building a computer completely focused on photoshop/lightroom and office focused tasks, does that affect my choices of video cards? (assuming I am doing zero gaming on this computer). This computer would be using either a single 24" lcd monitor or (preferably) two 22" or 24" lcd...
  4. A

    phenom II build

    HardwareGuru, If the original poster wanted to basically take your suggestions with the exception of building on the AM3 Platform, what hardware changes would you make?
  5. A

    New Multimedia Build - Photo/Gaming/Video

    I'll keep that in mind. I know I may be "better" served going with an intel based system, but I can't keep from wondering if an AMD Phenom II setup might better serve me in the "bang for the buck" department.
  6. A

    New Multimedia Build - Photo/Gaming/Video

    and the asus rampage is one of the best mobos out right now, despite its micro atx size?
  7. A

    New Multimedia Build - Photo/Gaming/Video

    I was considering going with a radeon 4850 or 4870 for the time being until the next generation of cards are "supposedly" released 3rd quarter. Even then, they might be outrageously expensive...
  8. A

    New Multimedia Build - Photo/Gaming/Video

    Any suggestions on what to do about a monitor or monitors? Do you or anyone have first hand experience with the mobo/ram combo?
  9. A

    New Multimedia Build - Photo/Gaming/Video

    Forgive me as I do not keep up to date with technology news and happenings... but, will the i7 chip have some degree of longevity to it? Meaning that if I want to upgrade in one year maybe 18 months I will not be behind the eight ball again?
  10. A

    New Multimedia Build - Photo/Gaming/Video

    Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't really considered building an i7 centralized rig. I just assumed it was "significantly" out of my budget. Would I get a much bigger "bang for the buck" from an AMD Phenom II build?
  11. A

    New Multimedia Build - Photo/Gaming/Video

    1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Mostly multimedia stuff: Lots of music, I'm just starting to get into minor photo editing (mainly lightroom). I'd like to start doing some video editing, but I don't have any equipment. As for gaming I'm a RTS &...
Back
Top