Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I have 8 st31500341as drives, 7 of them shipped with cc1j and one shipped with cc1g. The drive with cc1g keeps freezing intermittently. I contacted seagate tech support and the tech told me that a firmware update would be out tonight or tomorrow for cc** firmware drives. The sd1b update they...
I've got a Lenovo T60 that came with the intel 3945abg mini-pcie wifi card in it. The intel 4965agn card fits in the same slot as the 3945, but the N cards have connections for 3 antennas instead of the 2 that are on the agn cards. Has anyone had luck with an upgrade such as this?
I'm looking at building an HTPC for HD playback now that one of the guys I share a townhouse with purchased a 1080p lcd tv. I want to be able to play/rip bluray discs as well as play movies from my fileserver on the big screen. I assume both of these integrated video solutions have enough...
I used norton ghost when I made the exact same migration without issue. If you can get your hands on it the corporate version is very nice becuase you can boot from the cd/floppy and do the migration directly from one drive to the other. It will even expand the partition to fill all 300gb.
I've not experimented with hardware raid at all, but the second box in my sig is running that array on linux software raid. I can saturate gigabit with that disk array and even during writes (where raid5/6 are stressed the most) cpu usage says around 10% or so. Doesn't really matter because...
I'd vote T42, but it might be a bit underpowered for what you're after. I picked one up on ebay about 6 months ago for like 350 bucks. It needed a new battery, but everything else worked great. They are very durable computers.
What was the fs on the linux drive? If it was ext2/3 there is a nice ext2 fs driver for windows xp/vista. It lets you just pick a drive letter to mount the drive under.
http://www.fs-driver.org/
I bought a 500W rosewill psu from newegg for my fileserver. It has 8 SATA drives + IDE boot drive. I have had no problems with that (its the second line in my sig).
If you're even sure as to whether your computers supports a 64bit os and you don't want to look up stuff about your CPU, this tool: http://download3.vmware.com/software/wkst/VMware-guest64check-6.0.0-45731.exe will let you know if 64 bit is supported