These work:
1) Radeon Eyefinity cards all seem to work .... advanced switching technology
2) Radeon 5900s with mini displayport
3) Radeon 4000 series with displayport ( use a mini displayport to displayport cable)
4) Radeon 3000 series with displayport ( use a mini displayport to...
A full DP port could work ... it does on a 4890 but all the 5000 series we have seen so far haven't worked but for the top of the line 5900 series.
Since they fixed it in the new Eyefinity 6 5870 with miniDP it stands to reason that latest release Eyefinity 5 with miniDP will also have a DP to...
no ETA as yet no distributor has stock yet.
Note the middle auto link in my post above links to a HiS card that does NOT have minidisplayport. The one to get when available for the money is http://www.powercolor.com/au/products_features.asp?id=240#Specification
I am 98% sure this will work...
Good work Arasirslut!
I bet the forthcoming PowerColor Eyefinity 5 HD5770 1GB GDDR5 will work also for those that don't need high end 3D and require a budget card. I have one on order and will confirm ASAP when it lands...