Recent content by AlexTheGreat

  1. A

    Need a case and power supply for a GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3 AMD E-350

    Take a look at the HABEY 800B case. No space for a video card there though.
  2. A

    LG L246W

    Will the edid updater work through a DVI->HDMI cable? I only have the one pc with hdmi...
  3. A

    LG L246W

    Is there any other program besides powerstrip that will do the EDID update? Powerstrip crashes on startup on my zacate.
  4. A

    LG L246W

    How did you change the EDID in the monitor?
  5. A

    LG L246W

    Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I did add those flags directly to the registry and to all the folders. I think maybe that method doesn't work for AMD chips?
  6. A

    LG L246W

    I'm having the HDMI display shift problem with my new e350 & this monitor. Unfortunately the EDID fixes don't seem to be working. Anyone have any ideas?
  7. A

    Just for clarification, I have an E8400, any CPU upgrades that make sense?

    I have the same CPU and I don't think it's worth upgrading the CPU only unless you really need more speed on the encoding. Games might actually be slower. You're better off buying a good HSF and overclocking if you haven't already. Otherwise I would wait for sandy bridge or maybe even ivy...
  8. A

    Holy crap, it worked! Dead video card, resurrected!

    I brought back a 280gtx that BFG could not fix! Working for over a month now :)
  9. A

    Windows Home Server FAQ

    it's the very first beta released on MS Connect when beta started.
  10. A

    Windows Home Server FAQ

    I am running the original beta of vail, as I understand it the original DE drives are no longer compatible with the new version. Are you sure I will be able to simply plug them into either the new beta version or the retail release?
  11. A

    Windows Home Server FAQ

    Does anyone know when the original beta copy of WHS2 will expire? And what exactly will happen at that point, will I be able to get my data off?
  12. A

    PNY offering RMA Promotion to BFG Customers

    It cost me around $30 to ship my RMA back to BFG with insurance. This is in canada though (shipping within canada) so I dunno. And the prices (on their site and at newegg) could easily change by the time your shipment gets their and they approve it. I stand by my suggestion not to send them...
  13. A

    PNY offering RMA Promotion to BFG Customers

    This is a good idea but their implementation is horrible. First of all it will cost you $30 to send the card in. But you don't even know how much of a discount you will get until it's sent in? it could easily be less than $30. Then you don't know if their prices are any better than the egg or...
  14. A

    HD6xxx series is imminent

    For 4 monitors you could perhaps have 3 across and one above the middle? so arranged like the arrow keys on a keyboard. Also, for some games (like say Civ 5) it won't matter so much that you have a bezel in the middle.
  15. A

    BFG RMA questions/stories?

    Bah my replacement started artifacting again while playing CS:S. Only lasted 15 days. I'm never buying Nvidia again. It was a fast card but I got less than a year out of this supposed lifetime warranty.
Back
Top