Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Well, I would prefer to use UFS, but I need to know if my VM data would still be protected by ZFS.
I guess it doesn't really matter? For e.g. Windows guests you wouldn't have any other option than using FAT or NTFS, so...
I'm building a all-in-one ESXi box and have a question about what filesystem to use for my guest VM's.
The VM's are stored in a NFS mounted datastore in ESXi. This storage is backed by ZFS.
I'm installing some FreeBSD VM servers and wonder if I should use UFS or ZFS for the VM's.
Do I...
Well this is more like a proof-of-concept. If this (ESXi + all-in-one) works for us we're adding another one for redundancy/balancing. The data is not critical at the moment and we are a startup with low budget.
Thanks for the observation
Yes, I'm aware that with one CPU I can only use half the RAM slots and even half the PCI-E slots (on this particular MB).
So I'll start by filling 4 slots with 64 GB so that I can fill 4 more slots later without having to add another CPU (or replace current RAM).
thanks guys for all the info and help!
I'll start with one SSD mirror together with one ZIL (Intel S3700).
CPU & RAM:
I'm going to buy the Supermicro X9DRI-F/X9DR3-F. It has 2 x CPU sockets (2011) and 16 x RAM slots. Since I'm only gonna run 15 vm on day one, I'll start with one single CPU...
Thanks guys, I will definitely go with more cores...
Got a couple of questions for you _Gea :)
Yes it's a single all-in-one. Two smaller boxes sounds like a very good idea though. I will consider that.
I was thinking of 3x mirrors to maximize the write I/O. Do you think I will be fine...
Thanks.
We will use 6 x Samsung 840 Pro SSD's in a striped mirror (3 x 2) with a HBA-flashed IBM ServeRaid m1115.
Do you think we'll get enough IOPS?
The databases are not for production. Only for development and QA.But from time to time we would like to do some performance and stress testing...
Hey guys,
I'm building an all-in-one ESXi host for virtualizing all the servers we need for our small business (startup) as well as hosting our test and QC environments for a web application we're developing.
I need some help choosing the right CPU setup for our needs.
Option 1...