When I will have time I could dig into it deeper but the quick answer perhaps a program can see boot order set by bios or at least active boot drive, for example hdd tools under dos (to avoid speculations about OS changing anything) when you access drive list, will hdd0 always will be the same...
Can't know that or won't do anything about that? My knowledge is that for instance windows installer does know which drive is set as first in bios and therefore always places bootloader there. Can I be wrong? Maybe.
That's why you have to be careful with multiple drives where your operating...
Why writing nonsense, what unnecessary random data?!! You need to understand logic behind this. First of all, not to diffrent drives but only one additional drive (no matter how many you have) and only in case first boot /drive set in bios is other than the drive you are installing operating...
Hi guys, just a quick question I searched on google and it got me even more puzzled.
DPI resolution is dots per inch or how many information can be displayed on the screen. So as I read and it is quite logical, lower the DPI, less information can be displayed per inch or in other words...
I don't own windows 11 and I can't help there but out of curiosity let me clarify the question. As I undestand, Microsoft has changed the way you can login into desktop?
Simply unlocking screen and typing password as before won't work anymore? Now you must take extra step and login into...
Do you really need expensive adapter with 5 slots on it? Are you going to use more than one slot? If yes, then probably it costs what it costs and I can't help here but the following is based on my experience.
If you need only one slot, then typical adapter costs arround 5-10 $ or a bit more...
I have very similar situation. I also have 4 drives, except first drive is win10 on ssd and others are hdd's.
I want to install https://www.android-x86.org/installhowto.html
Like vick1000 suggested I want to have GRUB on the other hdd, I don't want it to mess up my windows ssd drive.
- I like...
I so much miss the greyish (or other color) border top of the apps and windows, still can't get used to the borderless windows 10 concept, it's so hard to orientate sometimes with multiple windows open and see where one window ends and other begins... nightmare.
Yeah I use bluescreenview too, on top of the list you will see system file that has caused the blue screen, more than few times it helped to figure out it was releated to graphics card and display driver, other time it was network traffic control app driver that was bugy (update was released...
1. If you actually run it, it does it's job. However it is not as advanced to move, for example, big non system files or any other files in that matter like your pictures or videos at the end of the hdd leaving more room at the begining of the hdd with faster read and write speeds for more...
Windows does not do it as efficiency and even then only when it is scheduled to do so and if your pc is not turned on long enough daily it may not happen so soon as it does it only when pc is idle (and leaving aside question when or if it is required to defrag hdd at all, as for modern fast...
Sorry if I don't quite follow but by that do you mean this?
or in other words, if a file is 670 502 914 bytes in size and something is added it will not be the same file again, so obviously you are talking about something else.
As I understand what OP is asking is how can a file physical data...
Ok, got it. Terminal font on notepad does not type strange characters, e.g. "," is "," and "a" is "a" but I found out that it releated to fonts size.
If I set "Raster Fonts" to size 10x20 then it displays "a" in file sizes. If I set "Raster Fonts" to any other (smaller) sizes, it does not...
I deleted fntcache.dat file in system32 folder. After system restart still the same problem. Interesting that "raster Fonts" doesnt appear in Word or Notepad font list. Searching C: for raster*.* doesnt reveal any results. Where does that font come from?